Chapter Twelve

"Well I'm back and I have coffee, no thanks to y- Why is Philip up?" Alex asked as he entered the house, setting a grocery bag on the kitchen counter before heading the couch, seeing Philip on John's lap.

"He couldn't sleep," John explained, looking up at his husband.

"Daddy!" Philip squealed, reaching his arms out to Alexander, who smiled, lifting Philip into his arms. John smiled, looking up at the two from where he was, still seated on the couch, leaning on the arm lazily.

"Hey Pippy,"Alexander said, sitting next to John, Philip still in his arms. John wrapped an arm around Alexander's shoulders, pressing a kiss to his temple. "So, where are we in the story, hm?" John explained what had happened, making Alexander's eyes light up. "Good, this is where it gets interesting."

-

"Laf," Alexander said angrily as he entered his friend's dorm. He eyed Lafayette who was sitting on Hercules' lap, but didn't pay much attention to them as he sat across from the two on the other bed. "You're not going to believe what just fucking happened."

Lafayette suppressed a smirk, looking at Alexander, trying to maintain a blank expression. "Why, what happened mon ami?"

"Well I'm just minding my own business when fucking Jeffershit comes in, his arm around John," Alexander said, anger boiling in his chest. Hercules eyed Lafayette, noticing the faltering smirk he held. Lafayette hadn't given Hercules the memo about John and Thomas, but Herc could clearly tell Lafayette had something to do with it. Though Hercules, being the loyal boyfriend he is, kept his mouth shut, curious as to what was going on. "And John sits on his lap! Right in front of me! Not only that but he fucking makes out with him, nearly eating each other's faces off! God I hate Jefferson."

"Why do you care if he's with John?" Hercules asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Well I... I-I just..." Alex trailed off, trying to figure out what to say. He didn't know why he cared so much, and it deeply bothered him that he did. "I just don't understand why Jefferson of all people gets to be with John."

"What? Would you rather be with John?" Lafayette asked, smirking. Alexander's eyes widened in surprise, like a deer in the headlights. He soon changed that look, trying to put on a face of disgust.

"N-No! That's- That's gross!" Alexander said defensively, standing up from the bed, trying to look masculine as he stood across from Hercules and Lafayette.

"Well why else would you care if Thomas is with him? Hm? Unless it made you jealous in some way," Alexander balled his fists in anger, Lafayette's words hitting him like a bus. "Like I said, you're not straight Alexander, and you have a thing for John."

"I'm not in love with John!" Alex shouted, glaring daggers at Lafayette, who just chuckled, shaking his head.

"No one said love, mon ami," Lafayette said bluntly, smirking.

Alexander stepped back, trying to grip the situation, though his head was reeling. "I-I um..." he started, nearly tripping over himself as he staggered back. "I'm going t-to go find Eliza," he muttered, more to himself than his friends as he bolted out of the room.

"I'm straight, I'm straight," he repeated to himself as he wandered the halls. "I have to be."

-