Chapter Sixteen

Philip yawned as he sat up in bed, the light in his room dim, though not dark enough to cause him to not be able to see his surroundings.

He rubbed his eyes, crawling out of his bed, stumbling as he exited his room, walking into the living room. John and Alexander were still on the couch, both asleep. Philip tugged on John's sleeve, trying to wake him.

"Papa," Philip whined, poking at John's face. "Papa wake up," John groaned as his eyes fluttered open. "You're awake!" Philip squealed, crawling into John's lap.

"Hey Pip," John smiled, wrapping his arms around Philip. John glanced down at his watch for a second, his eyes widening at the time displayed on it. "We were asleep for six hours?!" Alexander shifted, waking up because of the loud sound of John's voice.

"Well if it isn't my two most favorite boys in the world," Alex mumbled, kissing John's cheek.

"Babe, we have to get ready. We promised we'd go out with Hercules and Laf tonight, we're going to be late," Alexander's eyes widened in realization.

"Dammit, Eliza's coming over to watch Philip right?" John set Philip on the couch so that he and Alexander could get up.

"Yeah. Pip, Daddy and I are going out tonight. Auntie Eliza is coming over to watch you, that sound good?" Philip nodded, grinning. "Okay good, now she should be here any-" John sighed in relief, hearing the doorbell ring. "That should be her, Lexi would you get the door please?" Alexander nodded, disappearing for a few moments, returning with Eliza and Maria at his side.

"Hey Pip," Maria greeted, lifting Philip into her arms. "Ready to hang out with us for a bit?" Philip nodded, grinning. Alexander and John headed to their bedroom in a rush to get ready.

Maria sat on the couch, setting Philip in her lap, smiling as Eliza sat next to her, leaning into her side. Ten minutes later John and Alexander returned, dressed nicely.

"You two can handle him right?" John asked, smoothing out is shirt.

"We'll be okay, you two go have fun," Eliza said smiling. John smiled, kissing Philips forehead, before wrapping his arm around Alexander's waist.

"You be good," Alexander said, pointing a finger at Philip.

"Alright, we'll see you guys later. Call me or Alex if anything goes wrong, okay?" John said, already worried that something could happen. John had always been the overprotective parent, and Alex found it quite amusing.

"Baby, nothing's gonna happen, stop worrying. The girls can handle it. Come on, we're going to be late," Alexander pulled John away, giving one last wave to Philip before the two were out of the door.

"Auntie Marya," Philip said, looking up at Maria. He never could pronounce her name correctly, but everyone found it adorable. "I'm hungry."

"Did your fathers not feed you?" Maria questioned. "They can be morons sometimes, Pip," Maria stood up, carrying Philip to the kitchen, setting him on the counter. Eliza followed her, jumping up onto the counter next to Philip.

"Babe, maybe I should make something. You're not the best chef," Eliza said, giggling as Maria sifted through the cabinets.

"I can handle it."