Chapter Nine

"Alex I'm not really the 'story telling' type. Besides, you wanted to tell him this story, shouldn't you be the one telling it?" John asked, giving Alexander a look.

"Come on babe, this one is your side of the story, so obviously I can't tell it," John rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Please?"

John sighed, leaning his head back against the headboard. "Alex..."

"Please Papa?" Philip asked, looking up at his father with his green puppy dog eyes that Philip knew John was a sucker for. John looked down at Philip, his eyes softening. Philip stuck out his bottom lip, tilting his head slightly to the side.

"Fine," John said, finding it impossible to deny Philip's pleas. "But only for a little while."

-

John buried his head in his heads as he tried his hardest to suppress the lump in his throat. He was curled up with his knees pulled to his chest on the couch in the dorm building lobby, having no where else to go with the awful weather outside and his lack of acceptance in his dorm. He felt alone and trapped, like there was no one he could turn to.

"Fuck you Hamilton," John mumbled to himself, shaking his head. "I can't believe I actually had a crush on you." John basked in the silence of the lobby, until a french accented voice cut through it.

"John? May I talk to you?" Lafayette asked, taking a seat next to John, eyeing the boy carefully as he sat down.

"Look if you're here to tell me I'm disgusting too, you can kindly fuck o-"

"Non, non, mon ami," Lafayette said assuringly. "I'm actually here to apologize for Alexander's words," John looked up, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Look, as gay person, I'm honestly ashamed Alex would ever speak that way to you. You don't deserve to be called disgusting for something as unchangeable as your sexuality. I'd like to hear your side of the story John, if you'd be willing to tell me."

John was surprised, having come from a cookie-cutter town, he'd never met another person from the queer community in person. He had to admit, it was refreshing. "Well, Alexander woke up in my arms and he asked me 'What are you? Gay?', to which I responded yes. He called me disgusting and I got upset because my dad he-" John choked up, tears pooling in his eyes. Lafayette put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Well he didn't react well to me orientation. So I yelled at Alexander and came down here. The awful part is, I actually had a thing for him. Well, have..."

"I'm sorry John," Lafayette said, looking down at the ground. As his eyes darted to John, the freckled boy noticed a mischievous glint to them. "I have an idea."

"An idea?" John asked nervously. Laf nodded, a grin across his face. "What is it?"

"How do you feel about revenge?"