Chapter 7

Percy POV:
After I flashed home, I thought about my conversation with Hermes. What he had said worried me. Not the part about talking to someone- no I'd heard that a thousand times, but the part about being friends. Honestly I don't know why the prospect of having a friend scared me as much as it did. It's not as if we weren't somewhat friends before. However, I couldn't help but feel like something bad would happen. Not directly to Hermes, he was a god after all, but maybe to his demigod children or someone else he cares about. After all, Tartarus did kill mom in revenge for my slaughtering of his wife Gaea.
I pushed back tears at the though of my mom, and fell into my bed, clothes and all. Too tired and emotional to care.

Time skip

Percy POV:
I awoke to my alarm blaring. Prying open my heavy eyes, I looked at the time. A small wave of panic crashed through me as I realized I had slept through twenty minutes of my alarm. I stood up and tried to focus my hazy thoughts on what that meant. Oh, no breakfast for me. Although, it's not as if I cared about my grades, I could be late. Wait, no I couldn't, Paul would kill me.
I sighed and made my way out to the kitchen, grabbed my bag, and headed out the door. Paul would've ready left. So I couldn't get a ride.
I was stopped in the lobby of the building by a man in a fine grey suit. He held out a letter.
"Miss Rachel Dare wishes for me to deliver this to you," he said.
I took the envelope and he spun on his heel and walked out the door.
I'd read it later, I decided, before shoving it into my bag and began walking to school.
The walk wasn't to difficult, I kept to the side and took a couple shortcuts. I always had a weird feeling like I was being watched however, but I kept walking, hand in my pocket, tightly gripping riptide.
I walked faster, and faster still. Before I knew it I was standing in front of the school, fifteen minutes before class started.
Guess I have time to read that letter from Rachel now. I pride open the seal and unfolded it.
'Percy,
The Delphi Strawberry Farm is overwhelmed. We have demands for you from HIM. The place your father met your mother is the only safe place that we know of. Mr. D told us that you did, and why you visited them, therefore by vote of the council they have elected to send someone there to help you keep yourself from the people targeting you, they are at your safe house. Our fathers and mothers are overwhelmed too, but they have sealed themselves away, you and the elected one are on your own. BUT DON'T YOU DARE COME HELP US! What Percabeth accomplished in hell is still controlled by the proper host, so we can still prevail. Lupa and her relevant camp is coming to help. Once again, DO NOT COME TO US!
-Rachel (Delphi) Dare'
I stared in shock at the paper in my hands. Camp half-blood was overwhelmed by what could only be Greek monsters?! Not only that, but Tartarus wanted me to be handed over. I remembered the threat the most recent monster I killed, a Dracanae, delivered shortly before it's death.
Tartarus wishes for you to be brought to him, so he can make you suffer in endless torture as you made his wife.
It still gave me chills. The only thing I was confused about was why she was talking in code.
Before I could think too much into it, I felt eyes burning into the back of my skull, I stood up from the bench I had sat down on to read the letter, and sprinted into the school.
I threw open the doors and continued my mad dash through the pretty much empty halls. I barrelled into Paul's classroom, where he was meeting with another teacher. I slammed the door shut behind me.
They both looked up at me in shock, before the other teacher spoke,
"Mr. Jackson, just because Mr.Blofis here is your step-father doesn't mean-"
I cut him off one I had enough air in my lungs,
"Mom's cabin. Only safe place, get there ASAP. Delphi Strawberry Service is overrun. My father's side of the family cannot help, except one at the cabin to help me. There's a demand for me to be there, but if I do, blue oatmeal. Blue oatmeal for both of us if we don't get there soon," I said in between gasps. Blue oatmeal was mine and Paul's code word for 'death by Greek monster'. Therefore not good.
The shock and confusion written on the other teacher's face was almost enough to make me laugh, while the sorrow and panic in Paul's was almost enough to make me cry.
I opened the door to leave and heard a crash in the far hallway, as well as I sensed the water inside whatever was watching me, moving towards me, really quickly. I rushed out a quick something about thanks for the extra time on the homework, as a cover for any eavesdroppers, and bolted for the bathrooms.
I did still overhear Paul yell,
"I'll be there as soon as I can! I better not find you dead or not at all!"
"Is this about some job? Why all the panic and possible death? Mafia?" The other teacher asked confusedly.
Mortals and their ignorance. It's a blessing.
I knew I couldn't just flash to the cabin, godly magic is traceable, especially by other gods. So once I got there I grabbed the doorway and spun inside, flashing to a corner store a block away from my apartment.