Chapter 10

Paul POV:
I felt like I needed coffee, like my brain was always trying to catch up to the world around me. Not that much was going on at the moment, here at least. I was filled with worries for Percy, and for Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter. I had awoken in a blinding white room with nothing to tell me whether or not I was about to be attacked and held for ransom so Tartarus could get to Percy.
I spent my time sitting on one side of the table that was most likely meant for interrogation, pleading with the gods to let me make it to the cabin in Montauk, to what's left of my family.
I was stuck in thought when the door opened, and a man stepped in. He sat other side of the table, and held his hand out for me to shake.
"I'm Clint," he began.
"Paul,"
"I can see your anxious, so let's cut to the chase, I need three things from you. One: Are you aware of Perseus being involved with a terrorist organization or the Mafia? Two: What does blue oatmeal mean? And three: Why is Percy's mother's cabin in Montauk the only safe place?"
At the mention of blue oatmeal, an idea sprung from the wasteland that is my brain at the moment. I could tell them it means death by Greek monster, but then they might discover Percy's identity as a demigod. Unless they know already...
I glanced up at Clint, he looked expectant, so I began to answer what I could,
"One: Percy isn't involved with a terrorist organization or the mafia. There's something much bigger here that our mortal brains cannot comprehend. I refuse to answer number two unless I'm speaking to the boss here. Three: Someone's hunting him, the cabin would be of very little significance to them, therefore it's the best Percy has to a safe house,"
Clint nodded along, and stood when I was finished, announcing that he will go get the director.
He left, shutting the door behind him.
I was alone with my thoughts, and used this precious time to come up with a plan. I had to figure out whether or not these people knew about the Greek world. I already had a half formed plan.
My plan was fully formed by the time a tall man with an eyepatch and a long trench coat stepped in.
Before he could do anything, I spoke,
"Tartarus,"
He looked legitimately confused, I spoke again,
"Children of Gods,"
Once again, he looked at me like I was speaking gibberish. I guess that clears up whether or not these people are aware of demigods.
He sighed,
"Do I have to do a sanity evaluation on you?"
"No, I was simply getting what information I needed,"
His gaze hardened,
"What does blue oatmeal mean? My agent informed me that you would only speak to 'the boss' and so here I am,"
"First off, who are you guys?"
"S.H.I.E.L.D, that's all you need to know,"
I shrugged, that's enough to know they are actually part of something government, I mean, probably.
"It means death by Greek,"
Perhaps I was missing a word, they got the message, and can figure it out on their own if they really want to, I spoke again,
"Can I go? I do have a class to teach,"
The man nodded,
"We'll see,"
With those final words, he left.

AN: I would just like to thank everyone who is reading and voting really quickly, it means a lot to me that people are willing to read, and hopefully enjoy, the content that I produce. Currently over 100 people have read the book, and I never expected that. So thank you!