Chapter 32

Chiron's POV:

I stood on the porch of the big house, surveying the camp. The camp full of either overly worried or overly battle-hungry demigods. There was a very strict schedule in place, seeing as we'd become even more venerable if we still had the chaos of the previous self-directed schedule, even if it would be reinstalled once the threat was averted.

I'd called a meeting for the head counselors, and they filed in one by one. All of them except Nico. I sent a camper to go look for him, but when they told me he couldn't find him, I wasn't sure if I should be surprised.

"Chiron, where's Nico?" I dismissed the question with a small head shake, not even bothering to check who'd said it.

"He didn't inform me of any plans to leave. However that doesn't mean he didn't. The last time I saw him he asked for a crystal to Iris message with."

A small amount of panic entered Will's eyes, and he started mumbling possible places Nico would be. The others were either trying to calm Will down, asleep, or thinking. Leaving me to speculate.

Nico was the only one who could leave safely, and if he'd been taken somehow he'd at least put up a fight, alerting someone else and I'd get notice. My best guess was the IM didn't go through, so he'd left to tell Percy the situation here, and why, even if Rachel had managed to send a letter, albeit a vague one. He still should've told me.

"Let's not worry about Nico right now," Will opened his mouth, probably to object, but I continued, "I'll investigate further later. Right now we need to figure out what we're going to do about those monsters." With a few hesitant nods and attentive gazes, the meeting began.

AN: Oh my lord I am so sorry it's so short and took so long. I'll update with a reasonable-length chapter probably tomorrow or Monday, seeing as it's pretty late right now.

(Also I wanted to say I will never post a chapter that's just an authors note unless I suddenly have to end the book for whatever reason, and even then I'll tie up the loose ends. So if a chapter is running late, any reason or explanation will be posted on the conversations board. Just an FYI.)