chapter two

you did not wait for the brothers when you exited the library. yes, they look like they are nice people, but you do not trust them easy especially the shorter one. he looks intimidating and you hated someone who looks like that. because you know they are arrogant.

you made sure to remember where you put the books you read earlier before the boys came because you know you'd be coming back. you have not received any answers yet and you are determined to find it. especially when the dream keeps coming over again and that it has something to do with cassie's murder.

the boys chased after you. you did not like it and, damn, how come you never thought to bring your vehicle here? you decided to take a walk from your hostel college to the library because you needed time to think through. your father died in a car crash when he was too tired with her work and you did not want to end up like him.

the farther you walked and tried to ignore the boys, you realised that there were not two, but only one who was following you. he is the taller one. you relaxed, because, at least he looked trust-able. he looked softer than the shorter one and you are easier attached to a person like him.

"will i be able to ignore the fact that you are following me?" you asked him, but you keep your face straight to the front.

"no, you can't," he answered. you both are now relaxed. no rush. you both are walking casually like a couple who are taking afternoon's air. "to be frank, we won't stop following you until we get the answer."

"the answer to what?"

"to everything."

you hated when someone answered you like that like you are a fool. you hated when someone asking for your help but did not want to be honest with you. you have come to see the world is bad when cassie left you, but you tried to live for her and for her family. because you are cassie's family.

you shook your head at the boy's answer, walked faster because you did not want to be a part with some shit they are in. you do not even know who they are. they claimed they know who killed cassie, which apparently is not human. but what do they know about cassie?

"hey, hey, (y/n), listen to me," the taller one said quickly when he noticed you were running away again. "this is serious. dean and i know what murdered your best friend and we could kill them if you help us, alright? please, trust us. we promise we will let you live peacefully once this is over."

you stopped walking, turning to him and looked at him in annoyance. "tell me when this thing will be over."

"i don't know," he answered truthfully and you know it. "but we could finish this as fast as we could."

you stood there, in front of him with your arms crossed on your chest and you think about it thoroughly. there were many people have to see you. the police asking you for negotiation. some accused you a suspect for killing your own best friend. there were multiple ghost hunters claiming they know who killed cassie and said that they could help, like these brothers, but there were no results. at the end, the case remained unsolved and you were continued to be haunted by this thing.

people come and go between you and the boy, but none of them mind your business. some would hissed because you and the tall boy got in their way, but neither of them dared to scold you. you take a look at the tall boy for a few seconds, thinking, until you finally sighed.

"fine," you finally said, giving the tall boy a big smile on his face. "i can help you. and i'm sorry i have to say this, but i could only give you three days to find and kill this thing. if you can't, you are welcome to leave."

"good, good. three days is more than enough." the tall boy sounded as if he was not thinking before he said it. "i'll go talk to my brother."

"your brother's here?"

the tall boy motioned his hand and you turned around to find the short boy behind you. he's got his eyebrow raised with a small sarcastic smile at the end of his lips. "i hate stalkers," you said out of the blue.

"my brother lead you here." he continued to smile in triumph. when you turned to see the tall boy, he was giving you a guilty smile.

"i'm dean." the boy stretched his hand to shake. you took, but not after a few seconds to think if this was safe. "that is my brother, sam. we both hunt and kill these things."

"yes, i know," you said. "and you're given three days to do it."

"what?" dean recoiled in disbelief. "three is not enough!"

"according to your brother, it is." you cannot change your mind especially with the intimidated-looking arrogant dean. you have not seen how they work yet and talking to them, and arguing and negotiating with them does not build your trust towards them.

"it's been a long day for me, sam, dean," you said. "i have to back to my apartment."

"where do you live?" sam asked. forgetting dean's glare of wonderment. he totally did not agree with what sam had done. three days to find out what killed cassie? that alone takes three days full! and you do not know how long it takes to kill the thing.

"my college apartment," you answered. you turned around to move and leave the brothers behind because you could not look at dean any more.

"well, let me give you a ride," sam offered.

"what?" dean was pissed. they clearly had not plan this thing. "sammy! what-"

sam pushed her brother to stop him, but he was smiling at you. "come on. the car is this way."