chapter three

while sam drives you back to your apartment, you learned that sam was a pre-law student before he joined his brother hunting. it was only a few months ago and when you asked how'd he feel about it, he said he sure do miss it, but being with her brother is much better.

you do not know if he was lying or telling the truth. but you took the first one for you do not trust people that much. sometimes, it really kills you, but since cassie died, you cannot seem to make anymore friends. people think you are a freak. they think you are a murderer. the only good thing is that the college did not drop you out.

"you want to have dinner before going back?" sam asked politely.

"no, it's okay," you lied. you saw how dean was looking at you and you know that dean did not like you, if not hated you yet. not like you care, but you are comfortable with him. he looked at you as if you are taking away his boyfriend.

"you sure?"

"i am." you smiled reassuring him. "plus, i'm tired." you faked a yawn. "i need some rest."

to your delight, sam bought your lies. he drove straight away to your school and dropped you off. but he left his phone number to you, for tomorrow. you forgot about the deal you have made with sam and his brother because your mind was still full about your dreams. but it was nice to see sam reminding you indirectly.

you walked up straight towards the stairs to your room. it was not that far. you could see the front yards of the school from your room window. every day, when you did not have classes, and when you did not go out, you would sit there and watch students rush to their classes. it felt like school, but better. with no bullies and mean girls.

you took your towel and cleaned shirts to clean yourself. it's a hostel. and hostel means you have to share the shower room with other girls. everything was fine until to you finished dressing yourself up. you entered your room and opened your computer to continue from where you left.

outside the window, sam and dean were still there. parked somewhere near so they could see you and watch you from afar. well, this is more to sam. dean wanted to investigate this case, but not spying on you. he does not like you, as you thought and he hates it when his brother has a thing for you.

"come on, sam, this is ridiculous!" dean whined. "if you think she's up to something, tomorrow we'll see her again. why don't we just ask her tomorrow?"

sam sighed. his eyes trained on your room. "i don't know," he answered. "i just feel like we have to."

"what? you're afaid she'll lose her life just like how her friend lost her life?"

sam did not answer. he continued to look up at your window and prepare for whatever to come next.

"sam, this girl is totally capable of defending herself. why do we have to watch her?"

"no, it's not that, dean," sam told his brother. they saw the books you were reading and they knew straight away that you do not know what is happening to you. you have figured out your ability and you do know the costs with your ability in the future only you might not know what to do with it, why you're born with it.

because sam has seen it. maybe he was lucky enough to have that kind of ability while her father being a hunter. at least, he knows what to do when demons are after him. he has the spell. he has his father's journal. he could always refer to it.

"it's about she does not know anything. don't you think she'll feel useless dying without knowing what she can do?"

"i don't know what you're talking about." dean rolled his eyes and started the engine.

"hey! stop!" sam yelled beside dean's ears. "look, if you do not want to help me with this thing, fine. i'll do it myself." he started to shifted to the other side and opened the door of the car. dean panicked, get out of the car as well.

"what is this shit, sam?" dean yelled, did not aware that he might attract the students' attention. "why are you obsessed with her?"

"it's not because i'm obsessed with her, dean," sam answered. his voice was also loud. "her dream. our dreams must have connected with cassie's murder and i want to know. it happened in her room, for God's sake!"

"oh my God." dean rubbed his face. "i don't understand you."

"no, you don't understand yourselve!" sam said, and in fact, he was true although dean doesn't want to admit it. "why are you being so hard with her? she hadn't done anything to us except having that dream as same as mine. that's not trouble!

"dean, you have to let me watch out for this girl. and deep down, i know you know i have to."

dean was not blinking when he looks at her brother. they were both standing inches apart and it took all their energies not to kill each other with their solid punches. sam tried to give him the best face to melt dean's heart down. if it did not succeed, he only wished dean could be rational.

"fine!" dean yelled. "you go ahead. i am getting back to our motel."