chapter eight

that afternoon, you did not go to class. you told your lecturer that you are having period pain, and he dismissed you without asking further questions. so then you pack your bags because cassie's family house was three hours away.

"you go ahead, sit in front," sam said when you were about to open the back door.

"sam, you're his brother, not me," you said. dean was already inside the car, waiting for both of you.

sam snorted and shook his head. "it's better if you sit at the front with him."

"no, we'll fight," you said sternly. "you know we hate each other." your jaws tight as you tried to understand what sam was doing. you do not want to believe what he was thinking.

he smirked. "it's okay, (y/n). i got this."

deep down, you know sam was trying to do something. snippets of his thoughts told you so, but you did not dare to dig deeper because you were afraid to see what truth might be in there. you can trust these boys only for three days. you cannot trust them more.

with a groan, you opened the shot gun's door when you heard dean was constructing words to scold you inside his mind. you rolled your eyes, and closed the door harshly. you sat near the door with your arms crossed on your chest.

dean scowled at you, but he was looking at you and sam back and forth, wondering what was happening between you two. he then changed the gear to D and started to drive. the long ride of three hours to cassie's family house begins.

by the time you three reached the town, it was already night. sam suggested to straight away have dinner and then get a motel to sleep in. he suggested again that they start they job tomorrow because it is already night and you do not want to bother the family.

but dean got a different idea. "sam, we only have two days. when the deal was off, whatever we do is useless," he said to his little brother while you went to the toilet at the gas station.

"we can always get back here, dean," sam replied.

"do you think (y/n) will trust us the next time if we can't kill this thing now?" dean was furious. well, it was a surprised because he is more hot-tempered to compared with his brother. they cannot go a day without fighting and that is always because of dean.

"come on, dean. we both know you-"

dean pushed sam hard towards his car. he was clutching sam's jacket collars into a fish. his eyes were burning. his body was burning. he wanted to punch sam in the face just to let his emotions go, but sam is his brother. he cannot spoil him.

slowly, when dean finally gets to cool himself down, he let go of sam. his hand fell to his sides as he backed away. "fine," dean said. "we'll continued this tomorrow."

they found a motel not far from the gas station. one room for one queen-sized bed and a single bed. you brought in your bag. sam brought in his and dean's. meanwhile dean brought in their weapons to clean up. those weapons, aside from his car, were his price possession.

you put your bag on the couch. you did not want to be rude because the boys paid the motel room for you three so being polite, you decided to take the couch for the night. but when sam saw it, he offered the bed.

"i take the couch," sam said. "you go take the bed."

"no, it's okay. i can take the sofa." you were taking our your small towel when he came to you and stopped you from what you were doing. in front of your face, he spoke.

"i insist." and he smiled. so sweetly at you that made you blushed. he walked away, towards the shower when you turned and instinctively, your landed on dean's. and you saw clenching his jaws until it moved visibly. he had a hard gaze on you.