Don't let it take you!

"Yami! Wake up we're gonna be late!"I heard and shot up, hitting Joey on his head. I also forgot that now that I am human, feeling pain is a bit more easy. "Daoowww damn it man we really need to work on you hurting me but we need to run. Get changed into the clothes there and hurry downstairs!"he yelled and hopped off the bed and ran down stairs.

Why do I have to change into these? They look like the clothes Yugi would wear for school. I thought they all finished school. Oh well, it seems like Joey might have a plan, which could turn out bad or good knowing him but I just have to trust him. Getting changed and looking into the mirror I had in the room, all I could see was Yugi.

The only thing that was missing was the puzzle around my neck. "Yami!!" I heard and Joey rushed in and grabbed my wrist. "We don't have time come on!" he yelled and dragged me off to the school. We got ther with a few minutes to spare but before I could enter the room, Joey stopped me. 

"Don't you think it would be bad if someone saw you in the room then Yugi comes in things ain't gonna go so well." He's right, if people saw me and Yugi together since we look too much alike and a whole lot of questions would come up.

"Fine but where should I go then Joey? Maybe a place where I won't be seen by many people,"I said and Joey pointed to a set of stairs. I get it, he wants me to head up to the roof and stay out of sight. Also since me and Joey are close friends maybe just maybe I might be able to tell him my thoughts. He cant do the same thing though, only Yugi can do that.

Lucky the weather was quite sunny so sitting on the roof wasn't as bad as I thought, but I couldn't shake the feeling of something bad has happened to Yugi right now. Like it was waiting for it's cue, an explosion went off in the town which made me shoot up. Looking over the best I could at to where the explosions came from, it looked like a duel monster. 

"That kind of looks like... Dark Magician! Yugi!" I yelled and ran down the stairs. Everyone in the halls tried to stop me, but I had to ignore them. Someone grabbed my arm stopping me and turning around, it was Joey. "Sorry Joey schools out today!" I said and dragged him along. It took a few minutes until we got to the duel and my hunch was correct.

Joey saw what I dragged him to and brought me to an ally way. "It might be best if you stay hidden Yami until the duel ends because what will happen if he saw you?"he said and he had a point. I nodded my head and watched the duel with Joey beside me . "It looks like Yugi might be winning but with the other dude is what is worrying me."

"What do you mean by that Joey?" I asked and he pointed to what he means. It looks like a normal person but if they are making Joey worry then something is up.

"It's one of the goons friends that took Tristan away, he's trying to take Yugi into the shadow realm!" he yelled and fear washed over me. Watching the duel was the most nerve racking thing I ever had to endure until...

"Now attack his life point directly!" the guy yelled and Yugi got hit hard, with just 300 life points left. I tried to yell for him but Joey put an arm around me to shut me up. Yugi was on the ground holding his left arm. Yugi struggled to get up but he had to force himself to stand. "Just look at you, your pathetic! Just let me take you to the shadow realm and you'll be better then here."

"I...I won't let you...I need to stay here for a reason,"Yugi stuttered and stumbled around but something was up with his voice. He started to laugh manically and Joey's face turned to horror. "IF YOU WANT MY SOUL YOU CAN HAVE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD BODY!" Yugi yelled and drawn a card. That voice wasn't Yugi, another spirit has taken him.

"I summon Black Luster Solider and attack you!" he yelled and the monster attacked him, winning the duel. Everything faded away but Yugi just stood in the middle. He started to laugh again and just listening to what has happened to him, I can't take it!

"Yugi it's me! Fight it!" I yelled and stepped out. Yugi looked at me but there was no smile came from him, just a blank stare. "Yugi remember it's me Yami, I've come back and I'm not going anywhere ever again but you can't let that thing take you!" I yelled and Yugi put his hands on his head.

"No! You lie! Yami is gone and hes never coming back! Whoever you are leave me alone!"he yelled and started to thrash around. He hit himself off of walls and lamp posts. I grabbed him and tried to hold him. Joey jumped in and grabbed his other arm.

"Yuge bud it's me listen! This really is Yami and he has came back! Calm down and push out that thing inside of you!" Joey yelled and Yugi finally stopped. He started to cry and in his eyes I saw the real Yugi starting to come out. He passed out and me and Joey held him up. "This is just like the last time...I'm worried about him Yami..."

"It will be fine, we need to take him home, lead the way and I'll take Yugi,"I said and Joey nodded. Picking up Yugi, I followed Joey and looking down at him. He grabbed my shirt and was crying in my arms. I should of tried to come back before this happened, I could of stopped this from happening. No matter what I need to help him fight whatever is going on inside of him.