Cimma, Lani and the Great Divide

"Let's go to San Francisco."

"Why?"

"What would you suggest?"

"Fair point. How are we getting there?"

"With love."

"Love?"

"Love. It's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

"Oh my god Cimma, shut up."

     The girl in question twirls around dramatically to face her partner-in-crime, arms spread wide, hair whipping in the wind.

"You know you love me."

"Keep telling yourself that."

     Cimma shrugs, ignoring the comment as a smirk finds its way to her face. Behind her, Lani rolls her eyes as she drags the bag to the edge of the cliff.

"Some help, please?"

"Of course, Lani dearest."

     The bag is pushed off the edge and plummets into the churning sea below. Lani brushes a curl out of her face, but it soon finds its way back with help from the violent breeze. 

"So, we're taking a car to San Francisco?"

     Cimma shakes her head, bangs rustling apathetically in the wind.

"No."

"Then what the fuck was that Subaru shit about?"

"I just like quoting things."

"No way."

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic."

     Lani turns her gaze from the sea to the woman beside her, giving Cimma a look that she knows too well. The cotton and chiffon dress swirls around her ankles, the freezing air creeping in through the leather whipstitching and into her bones.

"You are being sarcastic," Cimma notes.

     Lani heaves a sigh, turning around and heading away from the cliff; the deed had been done, and the bag and its contents were properly disposed of. Cimma watches the water for a few moments, contemplating, then runs down the trail to ask Lani her question.

"How quickly do you think the body will decompose?"

"No idea."

"If you had to guess, what would you say?"

"No idea."

"What a kill-joy."

     The answer to Cimma's question turned out to be around two-hundred and sixty weeks, an answer which she found by simply looking it up. True, she had been reprimanded for it, but her curiosity could not be contained.

     Cimma and Lani did not take a Subaru to San Francisco. Instead, they flew.

A/N: This story probably doesn't make sense at the moment, but it will reveal itself as it progresses. If you wish, feel free to leave feedback, and be sure to vote if you are enjoying!