Epilogue

***

West could hear the opening and closing of the door.

Gian entered the room. Kahit hindi siya magmulat, naramdaman niya ang pagkalat ng aura nito.

He's one hell of a man to still remain alive. Maybe he would try to treat him like an ally. Maybe he won't.

He could feel dextrose in his veins, oxygen tubes in his nose, bandages and a lot of chest pain. He could hear his own heart monitor and the conversations of the visitors in his room.

Yes. He was confined in his room, in their mansion, under the supervision of the finest doctors and encantados, for a month now.

He heard them talked about how he was not waking up, his slow-healing wounds and his loss.

He could wake up anytime he wanted. But he was not ready.

Whatever happened to Helena, Ninong Ben already knew. There was no need for him to re-tell them.

By daybreak Ninong Ben and his trusted men, together with his Lolo Leo went to the rest house. They re-mapped the events.

Gian managed to stop the time inside the house until they came and rescued him.

No sign of Samuel's body nor his remains were found.

Charred bodies were collected and buried.

And him? He managed to stay asleep until they carried him to an ambulance.

He was confined in the hospital for a week and transferred into the care of their home after. His healing was slow but at least he was healing. The only concern they have was that he wouldn't wake up.

"Hey! I know you can hear me. Why are you still sleeping? Are you chickening out because Helena's not here?"

Si Gian iyon. The nosy bastard. He took back his resolution to treat him like an ally. He cannot handle nosiness except his Drifter's.

"We all knew how they got Amanda's body," patuloy nito. Naramdaman niyang umupo ito sa silyang nasa tabi ng kama niya, "Samuel made her walk. They used Helena's silver cord and made her a puppet of Alena's red threads. Then, all he had to do was clothed her and hid her face in a cap."

Hindi siya tuminag sa pagkakahiga.

He figured as much.

"And they kidnapped the other Helena for your ambush. They cannot let the two Helenas face each other while Alena was holding the silver cord. If they do, Helena's bodies would pull one another and merge as one. It will be their total defeat. So," may narinig siyang kinagat nito. Naamoy niya ang mansanas, "they planted Helena's celestial body in the basement for you to find while they trapped Helena in a ritual. They knew she was dying without the cord and they just needed the blue threads to snap. So, no matter who gets killed first, Helena or her astral body, they will have the same result. Trapped girl in a ritual gets sucked into a cursed dimension. Taking over will be easy even if she escaped."

He's really noisy. Of course, naisip na niyang lahat ang mga sinasabi nito.

"And, we all know Helena decided her death. So why don't you wake up?"

Gian was giving him the creeps. It was as if his dialogues will end into a confession!

Whatever. He just wanted to shut the world for a while. It was too soon to wake up.

No one said a word after that. But he knew they were all there - Auntie Lita, Hermes, Ninong Ben, Lolo Leo.

He will not wake up without knowing what to do to himself after.

Helena's log body has been mourned over by friends and buried. She's dead to everyone.

Only to him, she's still...

'West, I need your help.'

Is he hallucinating? Or is it really Helena's voice he was hearing?

'I need you to pick me up. Don't show-off and just bring your car. And uh, bring a shovel, too... or a buckhoe. I'm stuck underground.'

'Shouldn't I just bring the Siete Virtudes, then?' tanong niya rito.

'Ah, yes. I forgot about that! So, when are you leaving that damn bed?'

He smiled.

'Tell me where you are.' #

---------------
Author's Note: Here's the end. And, I used Evanescene's song, 'Bring Me to Life' as the OST to this Story. Thank you for Reading!