Chapter one: Betrayal

I clear my throat and take a deep breath. "My- name...i-s..." I choke and begin to cough uncontrollably. After years of no speaking, it doesn't feel good to all of sudden attempt to bring your voice back. Aziel pats my back in attempt to soothe me as I cough, then a glass of water is pushed into my hands. I look up to see Vincent with worried eyes, and I attempt to speak again, "Thank...you" I rasp out, he smiles and nods before taking a seat.

I place the glass to my lips and take a sip of the cold, refreshing water. It soothes my throat slightly and I try to talk again, but Christian puts a hand to my mouth and shakes his head. I stare at him in confusion. Isn't this what they wanted?

"No talking" he says softly and I begin to protest when I'm cut off.

"He's right," we all look over Sean who is standing with his arms crossed. "We don't want you to hurt yourself or make things worse by trying to talk. Take it slow." he advises.

I sigh and slouch back against the couch. Dylan sighs and runs a hand through his hair, he walks over to me and kneels in front of me. "Let's practice, say I" he instructs, I take a deep breath.

"I" Surprisingly, it didn't sound that bad. Dylan smiles at me and gives me another letter that I repeat, and gradually I feel my throat get comfortable with the idea of allowing sounds and letters out.

"You're doing great, now try to repeat the sentence you first said," he instructs. I swallow and nod.

"My...name is..." it came out better then before making me smile triumphantly, but when I saw their expectant eyes, I felt my stomach knot. It's finally time, I can do this, right? "Well, it's...Uh..." I rub the back of me neck uncomfortably making them impatient.

"Just tell us already-" Sean begins before I cut him off.

"It's Laura," I blurt out. I stare at the ground as silence takes over like a plague. Suddenly, Aziel crosses his arms and sits back against the couch roughly, slouching down in his seat. He clenches his jaw in annoyance and let's put a hmph!

"I like Rebecca better" he growls making everyone chuckle.

"Of course you'd like it, you came up with it" Christian points out. "It's a nice name, kinda suits you" Christian compliments.

I feel my face get hot and accidentally say the words that are about to cause a riot in this house, "Jonathan thoughts so too" I murmur and realize my mistake right away when I feel the tension fill the room.

"And who is this Jonathan, may I ask?" Dylan says his name with such disgust that it sends shivers down my spine.

"He named me, his name is Jonathan Walker" I start, recalling the memory, but before I get the chance to further explain, they begin asking questions and thinking aloud.

"Why does that name sound so familiar?" Sebastian says out of the blue and begins pacing the room while at the same time rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Who gives a shit if it sounds familiar!" Sean shouts with fury in his eyes. "I wanna know exactly who this punk is!"

"Sean calm down!" Vincent shouts, he looks aggravated and is rubbing his temple with auch ferocity that I'm surprised he hasn't made a wound or cut yet. "Let's- Let's just take a breath and ask her calmly before going all crazy" Vincent didn't look like he wanted to stay calm, the look in his eyes would suggest otherwise. He looks likes he's ready hurt someone badly.

"Christian?" Dylan suggests through his rage, not even looking directly at me, but at my feet. I look over at Christian, he clenches and unclenches his jaw multiple times.

"Maybe...um- maybe we should find this, Jonathan Walker and have him explain, because I- I just can't right now" Christian says and places his head in his hands. I feel fear make it's way into me, the last time I felt this specific fear was when father came home with some news that still makes my stomach churn when I think about it.

"No." I say firmly, but voice still wavered. They all gape at me in shock.

"Excuse me?" Sean growls through gritted teeth. "This isn't your decision, we're going to do it-"

"Please don't!" I scream, making Sean angrier and yelling at me to shut up before he made me. "No! You can't!"

"I suddenly wish we had made you keep your mouth shut!" he seethes at me. Tears fill my eyes at his words, and his own eyes widen when he realizes his words.

"You can't look for him!" I hiss, Vincent abruptly stands and roughly yanks me off the couch by my arm.

"Search for him," Vincent orders his brothers before looking back at me with dark eyes. "Laura's going to the basement" their jaws drop, but none protest as Vincent drags me away to the front of the house. I scream and pull against his hold, but all my attempts fail. His grip is like steel that'll never let me go. We come to a stop at a door near the front door that has many locks and bolts that Vincent opens with a key he has hanging around his neck. The staircase down is dark making me feel even more sacred and nervous. Vincent forces me down the dark stairs beside him. "You think you're the first girl we've owned? The first to disobey?" he growls making me sick. "My brothers and I had a wager to see if there was one girl we could make fall in love with one of us, and I- I thought..." his grips around my arm tightens making me whimper. "I actually fell in love with you, but love is a fool's game"

"Please, Vincent!" I beg as he drags me further into the basement. He ignores me and we abruptly come to a stop. I stumble to the ground and Vincent releases my arm. It's so dark that I can't even see my hand until light floods the room. It takes a little while for my eyes to adjust, but when they do, my screams fill the room. Chains and beating canes line the walls, along with many other horrific contraptions. Vincent takes hold of my arm once more and drags me into the middle of the room where a shackle is attached to the ground. He picks it up and clips the shackle onto my ankle. I claw at it and sob as hot tears stream down my face. "Vincent," I sob whilst looking up at him with tear filled eyes. "I beg of you"

"It seems that after you've recovered your voice you can't seem to be able to stop from using it!" He shouts and runs a frustrated hand through his hair. He takes deep breaths attempting to calm himself as he stares at me. "You will stay down here until you learn to obey!" and with that he shut off the lights and I cried as his footsteps echoed off the walls of the pitch black room. I didn't let out a scream until I heard that door close and lock from the outside leaving me trapped in a dark and cold hell. I screamed and screamed until my throat was sore and discovered myself to be falling asleep in a puddle of the blood I had not even noticed to be coughing up.