Chapter sixteen: Please, let me survive this

Aaron was still trying to get his breathing back to normal when the door was kicked in and a group of roughed up looking men came filling in. They all stank of liquor and gave us ugly grins as they greeted father.

This can't be good. My brother pushed me behind them. Aaron let out ragged coughs and rubbed at his throat as he attempted to stand along with Jonathan, leaving me sitting on the floor behind them.

“We don't want any trouble, father,” Jonathan tried to persuade. “We just want to leave.”

Father crossed his arms and glared at him. He shakes his head and tsks, “After everything I've done for you, clothed you, fed you, this is how you're treating me?”

“Yeah, because you're a dick!” Aaron shouts from the floor. Jonathan gives him a warning look before looking back at father and his friends.

“We just want to leave, please.” Jonathan begs. Aaron and I both recoil in disgust; begging, seriously?

“I expected this from the slut, and even you Jonathan, but Aaron…” father begins, looking at very at Aaron sadly. “Why would you do this to your father, son?”

Aaron's eyes didn't light up like the last few times father had called I'm that and he'd have to fake it. No, this time, they were dark and unforgiving. When he spoke his voice sound more mature and angry, “You're nothing to me, you're a disgusting pig that takes joy off his children's pain, you even took joy off mother's pain, you sadistic fuck!”

Father takes a minute to process all of this, but when he does, his eyes fill with red, hot fury. “Your mother was a slut just like your so called sister!” He bellows, his face red in anger. “She wanted to leave and go back that family of hers as if I couldn't provide-”

Family?” Jonathan inquires. Father's face falls as he realizes he's made a huge mistake that we all take notice of. “You told me that you and Mom were alone in the streets, that you were-”

“Siblings?” Father finishes for him. “Did you really believe I'd create life with my own blood, you're the only one sick enough to do something like that!” He laughs, his friends joining in. Jonathan looks lost and confused, perhaps even broken.

“Can we get started already, I wanna chance at the girl!” One of the guys pipes in, earning cheers and agreements from the rest.

“Go ahead, they're not my problem anymore.” Father says. He takes a seat in the old couch and opens a beer. His eyes find mine, we stare at each other for a long time, I know he feels nothing for me, and I know that he knows I feel nothing for him. My gaze is pulled away by a man who has decided to pick me up by my hair. I look around to see my brothers pinned to the ground and a group of men pushing me down onto the floor against my will. I scream and struggle as they hold down my arms and spread my legs apart.

Disgusting, is the first word that comes to my mind. Fight, is the second.

I kick at the guy in front of me and nail him right in the groin. He doubles over in pain and scream a line of profanities, but that doesn't stop another man of taking his place.

I scream until my lungs feel like they're on fire and my mouth goes dry.

Please, I beg silently to no one is particular. Let me survive this.