chapter 2

3 years later

"Violet did you get my coffee?" My boss, Diana, asked.

"It's on your desk," I answered. She didn't bother to look at me and say thank you, she was busy typing away on her phone.

Diana wasn't usually that disrespectful, she was nice. Most of the time. But she was my boss and I don't expect us to be best friends.

"Diana Persion's office," I answered the phone. The person on the other end of the line asked for Diana, so I transferred the phone call to her. "Diana someone's on the phone for you." She thanked me and picked up the telephone on her desk.

This wasn't the best job ever, but it did help me pay the rent and other essentials that I needed. Plus I'm trying to work my way up and hopefully become the fashion editor or the art director of this magazine company.

When I was still in high school, I dreamt about becoming a Pediatrician. But that dream soon died down when I lost my parents. Years later, here I am working as a fashion assistant for Diana Persion.

The bright side of this whole thing are my two best friends who work with me. Plus I can't forget about the free clothes and makeup that I get.

Checking the time, I stood up from my desk and grabbed my purse. "I'm going to lunch." I reminded Diana. All she did was nod and waved a goodbye.

"Where are we eating today?" My best friend, Angela, walked besides me. Angela had light brown hair and green eyes. She had a nice tan skin and was tall, about 5'10 or 5'11. Angela was absolutely stunning, she was a very beautiful girl.

Angela was part of the PR team

Angela was part of the PR team. She is responsible for shouting about anything press-worthy for the magazine. Angela sends images of new cover stars or details of any big campaigns our magazine is working on, to national press and hopefully receive media coverage and exposure.

"Yeah, I'm starving." My other best friend, Kylie, caught up to us. She had raven black hair and beautiful dark blue eyes. Kylie was best known as the girl with the bright smile. Literally, her smile was beyond gorgeous. She has many tattoos, especially on her left arm, and she was very energetic.

Now Kylie was the social media manager. She is responsible for delivering the team's articles directly to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. She was also responsible for keeping the fans up to date on the daily celebrity news.