Toys

And here we are! Sorry I've been on holiday, but I've still been reading all you're lovely reviews and I can not thank you guys enough!

So here you are, have some cuteness :3

---

After Comet's little 'misadventure', all the 'bots had been keeping a closer optic on him, and making sure he was well away from the Groundbridge when it was active. Ratchet had especially been more vigilant over the little one after his close encounter with 'Cherry'. It only worsened his worry that the Decepticons would continue to try to snatch his little sparkling.

And they still had no idea why.

"Bumblebee, prepare to depart." Optimus announced while approaching the Groundbridge with the scout in tow. Bulkhead and Arcee had gone to check out a potential Energon mine while Optimus believed he had unearthed another relic.

::Let's go!:: Bee buzzed as he came to the Prime's side. ::Ratchet open the Groundbridge::

"Hold on.." The medic replied while scanning the area with his optics, looking for his sparkling. He saw Comet sat up by the TV and gave a sigh of relief before opening the Groundbridge. Optimus and Bumblebee went through, and Comet noticed the familiar mass of lime green. He cooed and proceeded to approach it. Then Ratchet noticed and scooped him up quickly before he even got close.

"Oh no you don't." He muttered and hoisted him up in one servo. He used the other to pull the lever to close the Groundbridge, and Comet whined once the green dispersed. Ratchet carried the little one away and set him down beside his workstation before resuming his project on Synthetic Energon. Comet couldn't watch from where he was and briefly glanced at the metal blocks he'd 'preoccupied' himself with previously. The trouble was they'd lost their appeal. 

Comet twiddled his thumbs and sat quietly for a while until his Sire noticed his strange mood. "What's wrong Comet?"

The sparkling in question looked up with hope in his optics and with a small smile. "I bored. Play?"

Ratchet shook his head guiltily. "Not now, I have to work." 

Comet's smile fell instantly and he looked at the floor silently. Ratchet frowned and knelled down in front of the little one. "Maybe later." The medic said with a little enthusiasm thrown in. It usually worked on him. But this time Comet gave no form of reply. Ratchet felt terrible. He'd play if he could, but Energon supplies were dwindling as it was, and he needed to master the Synthetic alternative, but he couldn't leave his sparkling like this. Then he had an idea - something that wouldn't take long and would keep Comet occupied.  

Ratchet smirked mischievously and hurried back to his workstation. He grabbed a few chunks of metal and got to work cutting and welding. Comet looked up heard the symphony of clanging and scraping and crawled over with interest. 

Ratchet glanced down and waved his finger in front of the child quickly. "Ep ep ep! It's a surprise!"

Comet shrugged and sat by his Sire's ped and waited. After around 10 minutes the medic grabbed some paint and began the most delicate and fiddly part. After another 15 minutes he put the surprise under the dryer, then buffed and glossed it. The medic set it on the side and scooped up his waiting sparkling. And once in his arms Comet could see what his Sire had made him.

And he completely loved it.

On the bench sat a toy Hummer H2 Rescue Vehicle, lime green in colour and with a glossy finish and was no bigger than Ratchet's servo. It's tyres were rubber and had red rims. It was also incredibly detailed. But then again, Ratchet doesn't half-arse anything.

"Do you like it?" Ratchet asked hopefully while Comet kept his optics locked on his new toy. He smiled and squealed with delight, outstretching his little arms to grab the truck. Ratchet chuckled and handed him the green truck. He took it and spun it's wheels with a grin and hugged his Sire gratefully.

The medic gently set Comet down on the floor and watched. Comet rolled the truck across the floor and giggled while pushing it around. Ratchet smiled softly while watching his son play. He definitely wasn't bored anymore. But the medic couldn't just stop with one toy car, could he?

Oh no. Comet was getting an entire fleet.