Separation and Revelation

(I'm sorry if this sucks I'm tired and feel like sh*t)

///

After the frightening and surprising events of Halloween, the Autobots, along with their new addition had rushed back to the safety of their base. Ricochet was in a bad way and once back they barely had time to explain the evening's events to Optimus as they rushed to the medbay, leaving little Comet to entertain himself.

The little Sparkling sat in his Holoform at the kid's level of the base, sitting opposite Floofers and munching on the bowl of sweets the children had left behind. He was due his next helping of Energon round about now but he knew his Sire and the others were busy helping Ricochet. He didn't mind though as he knew making her better was far more important then his dinnertime. He had hoped the sweets would fill the gap for now, but it didn't quite hit the spot like Energon.

So for a while Comet sat patiently, sharing his sweets with Floofers of course. Eventually Ratchet came out of the medbay, wiping the Eneron from his servos with a cloth as he caught sight of Comet. And he couldn't help but smile as he saw him having a one sided conversation with Floofers that he was sure to Comet was an important two way debate about something innocent and fun.

"Having fun?" Ratchet asked with a small smile reserved for Comet and Optimus only, prompting his son's Holoform to look up at him, chocolate smeared around his grinning mouth.

"That isn't going to be good for you." He sighed softly. Then he realized that Comet was likely hungry by now and he grimaced guiltily. "Oh Comet you're Energon. I'm sorry."

Comet simply smiled sweetly and deactivated his Holoform, his Bipedal mode appearing beside Ratchet, he instantly getting scooped up for a cuddle. "It okway Sire."

Because Comet had been left alone to his own devices for the past few hours, and because Ratchet was feeling somewhat bad about it, he decided that after he'd given Comet his Energon that he would find a way to make it up to him. Comet had asked to go outside and look at the stars while he refuelled. It was a simple request but to the little boy stars were the most magical thing in the world. Ratchet couldn't find the spark to refuse, though he still worried since mere hours ago Comet had once again been at the mercy of the Decepticons. And every time they seemed to get closer to succeeding in taking him.

The very thought was enough to make Ratchet's spark shudder.

Pushing his worries aside for now, the medic sat atop one of the highest cliffs in the desert near the base, Comet cuddled up in his lap and slowly drinking from his Energon bottle as he contently stared up at the shining orbs in the sky above. Arcee usually was the one who took Comet out to see the stars but she'd retired for the evening after making sure Jack was okay, she currently parked as a guard in his garage just in case any 'Cons were still hanging around the Jasper area.

Ratchet was silent as he watched the dark scenery around them, keeping his guard up at all times and finding it impossible to relax despite the calming scenery and the extra calmness he could feel from Comet via their bond. Ratchet envied his Sparkling somewhat as he seemed oblivious to the tension the adult Autobots often felt. Childhood ignorance. Nobody appreciated that luxury until it was gone.

Exhaling a soft sigh the old mech cuddled his little one closer, Comet in response smiling with a happy chirp and snuggling up happily in his Sire's arms. Both felt a happy vibe radiate from one another, Ratchet finally finding an excuse to relax somewhat.

"Ready to go home?" Ratchet asked softly.

"Bit longer?" Comet pouted, his big bright optics shining like a Cybertronian alternative to puppy dog eyes. They resembled Bumblebee's in a way and Ratchet was sure that said Uncle Beep Beep had been teaching the kid how to do puppy dog eyes to get his own way.