Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Ty rode onto the ranch and hitched his horse at the barn.

An old grizzled man walked out with a hound that looked as old as he was and sat down in a chair beside the barn door, "Nobody's here 'cept Liza, Ellie and the baby. Brody's done gone to town and everyone else is rounding up the herd to take to the railroad."

"I was here to see Liza," Ty replied.

Cookie nodded, "I imagined you were. Your brother is out with little Sue. Liza's in the house. Get on in there and see her if that's what ya planned. Let me get to napping before all the hands come back howling at me to cook 'em some supper." Cookie leaned his head against the barn and closed his eyes. Ty stared at the old man for several long moments. He couldn't tell whether or not he was breathing, "Don't matter how long you stare at me, so, I don't get no prettier," Cookie grumbled without opening his eyes.

Ty quickly looked away from the old man and started up toward the house. He didn't know much about calling on women. He'd never done it before. He'd been a workaholic all his life with other things to worry about. He didn't know what he'd say or what he'd do.

He knocked on the door and it was answered by the woman who had occupied his dreams all night, "Hello," she said, shyly.

"Hello," he replied as he pulled his hat off and toyed with it nervously, "I uh.. I came to see you."

"You did?" Liza asked.

Their eyes locked. Sparks flew. Ty had never wanted a woman the way he wanted her. Liza had never wanted a man the way she wanted him.

She surprised him and herself when she practically leapt at him. He wrapped his arms tight around her and devoured her mouth with his own. Liza couldn't catch her breath but she didn't care as her body caught on fire. Ty's big, calloused hands roamed across her back, pulling her tighter and tighter against him.

Liza moaned his name as he deepened the kiss. His tongue sought entry to her mouth and she willingly granted it, even as her knees buckled and she fell against him. She could feel his strength as he braced his feet and kept them both from falling out onto the porch.

When Ty finally tore his mouth away from hers they were both breathing harshly and flushed. He saw that her brown eyes were nearly black with passion and her lips were swollen from his kisses. The skin around her mouth and chin was red from his goatee and mustache.

"I uh... I'm sorry about that," he said as he cleared his throat and took a step back, "I shouldn't have kissed you that way..."

"I'm not sorry," Liza replied.

"You can't be more than eighteen years old.. I'm thirty," Ty stated as he realized just what an ass he'd made of himself. No young, beautiful girl like her was going to settle on an old man like him.

"I am nineteen as a matter of fact," Liza snapped, feeling her temper build. This man had just given her an earth shattering kiss and now he was acting as if he regretted it.

"Do you...?" he started.

"I don't want to talk," Liza cut in as she pressed her finger to her still tingling lips, "I'd would much rather try that kissing thing again."

Ty didn't argue because he wanted to try that kissing thing again too. He smoothed one big hand across her dainty cheek and lowered his lips to hers. This kiss was softer and more gentle but still it lit him on fire the way no other woman's kiss ever had.