Chapter 9: One Month Later

I luckily escaped without any lasting medical problems. Only left with one severely bruised vein. I wish I could say I don't have any more suicidal thoughts but that would be a lie. I still regret not dying that day but I know I was given a second chance, something that I will not take for granted. Every single day from the morning I wake up to the night I fall asleep is still a struggle. I haven't found a medication that helps and I still go through weekly therapy sessions. It's a never ending battle but I'll keep getting up to fight.

It was extremely hard to write this and to remember each specific detail. I hope that by sharing my experience, it will change your mind on attempting suicide. Depression is just as serious as any other disease or illness. It shouldn't be treated any differently. I'm appalled by the stigma surrounding mental health because it stops people who are mentally ill from getting the help they need.

If you know anyone who's having a tough time, help them get them professional help they require. You wouldn't want to lose the person you love just because you disowned them where they weren't happy. You wouldn't tell someone with a broken leg to keep walking on it. Its needs time to rest and heal just like our brains do.

Please remember there are people out there who care and love you, who would do anything to save you. Don't be afraid to get help from a professional, they will give you the sword but your the one who has to fight.

I would love any feedback but please nothing harsh, this was my first time writing about my experience. I just don't want someone to go through the experience I had. It's a hard fight but with the support and awareness out there, we can make a difference. xx Stay Strong

 xx Stay Strong