Trickstar

Growl~

"Uuuuhhhh..." I groaned as I held my stomach to somehow ease away the hunger. "Why did I skipped breakfast this morning?" I complained to myself quietly as I recall the events that happened earlier.

Last night I received another job from one of my regular customers. He is the founder of a zoo in the neighboring town and, according to him, a new set of animals were added to the zoo. He wanted me to create a promotional banner design to feature the new animals and promised to double the pay if I could finish it by the end of the week, which is three days from now. I gladly accepted the challenge and started on one of the draft designs. Since I was so hyped up by the offer, I didn't realize that I worked until four in the morning before I hit the hay. I woke up later than usual and rushed to get myself ready. If I ate my breakfast, not only will I be marked late but I will also involve Anzu who was waiting for me like the good sister she is - so I lied that I was still full from last night's dinner. However, I think she knew that I was lying about that. How? Big sister instincts...

A tired sigh escaped my lips. "I should've at least ate a piece of bread or something." I muttered as I got out of the classroom.

It's lunchtime already and, instead of going to the recording studio immediately, I made my way to the cafeteria. I texted Anzu a while ago if we could start the scheduled performance of Trickstar later than usual so I could take a quick bite to eat. Like what I said, she somehow knew I was lying and immediately agreed.

I arrived at the cafeteria and, surprisingly, there were only a few students waiting in line at the ticket machine. "Now this is a rare occasion," I said to myself as I took my place in line. The cafeteria was usually packed during lunchtime. That's why I preferred to bring my own lunch; however, we ran out of grocery supplies last night so Anzu and I will have to buy our food for now and go grocery shopping after school. The line slowly shortens and I took another looked around - now the place is packing up with students. Good thing I got here early. Early birds get the worms, of course.

I ordered the Katsudon and gave the ticket to the lunch lady. After getting my food, I looked around for a good place to eat. I decided to take the place near the rose garden so I could enjoy the view.

I actually liked the way Yumenosaki Academy did to the architectural design of the campus and each of its buildings. It really brings out an aristocracy like aura because of its intricate design and noble-like color patterns. The Garden Terrace must be the most beautiful place around here, in my opinion. Not only it looked more like a high-class café than a normal cafeteria, but it was also surrounded by beautiful flowers that always looked like they just bloomed. From roses to lavenders, forget-me-nots to chrysanthemums - any type of flower you can think of, they're all here.

Once I took my seat, I set an alarm to remind me to head to the studio afterwards. I gave my thanks and then ate. As much as I wanted to chow down on this delicious dish, I maintained to follow proper manners since I'm in a public place. While I'm savoring the flavor of the pork cutlet in my mouth, something soft touched my feet.

"Eh?" I uttered as I looked down the table. My eyes immediately twinkled when I saw a brown furry Shiba Inu looking up to me with its adorable puppy eyes. "Awwww~ How cute~!" I cooed as I bend down and pick the little fur ball up and rested it on my lap. "What does a cute doggie like you doing in a place like this?"

It only barked at me cutely before licking my hand which tickled me. "Haha, you're a sweet little fella, aren't you?" I commented. I noticed that this dog doesn't have a collar. Is it a stray? Then how did it find its way inside the campus?

The dog whined as it looked at the food on the table. "Huh? Are you hungry?" I asked, earning a happy bark in reply. "Well, you're lucky that the servings here are large for a little girl like me. I'll share some of my food for you, okay?" I giggled as I placed the dog on the empty seat beside me.