HaHeHuHiHo-ray for Sora's Day

"I can't believe I let you talked me into this!" I hissed on my phone as I wait on the Game Research Room which was the starting point of this treasure hunt. "And why do I have to dress up as Goldilocks?!"

"Alice, (Y/N)-san. You're dressed up as 'Alice'." Hinata clarified before snickering afterwards on the other end of the call. "Besides, you're fit for the job. Plus, you look really cute in that dress."

I blushed as I looked down on my outfit: a light blue dress topped with a white apron. It has tiny, white frills on the end of the skirt as well as the end of the puffed sleeves. I also wore thigh-high white socks and black doll shoes. On top of my head was a big blue ribbon instead of the iconic black one.

Why am I in this fairytale get-up, you ask? Well, it's part of the role-play treasure hunt that Hinata planned for Sora's birthday. He thought that doing a regular birthday surprise party is too predictable and that Sora would easily figure out our plan ahead of time because of his synesthesia. So he made up a very, very, very unorganized plan that would 'might' save us from that possibility. It just so happened that it's Wonderland themed because that's the first thing that came to his mind.

"Uuu...It feels embarrassing to walk around in this thing." I whined. Did I mention that I'm not a fashion-type kind of girl?

"Well at least yours is better than ours." He said. Now it's my time to snicker when I recalled his outfit.

Operation 'Treasure Hunt in Wonderland' finally started. To be honest, it is much weirder than it sounds. The main idea was that our gifts were scattered around the school campus and Sora has to gather them with the use of his special gift and bring them to the King of Heart's Castle — a.k.a the rooftop. Simple right? Wrong... Instead of having one plan where each member knows what the other will do, this will be entirely improvised. As in, not one of us knows what the other will do, say or when will they how up. All I know is that they will pop out of nowhere and do their thing. Other than that, it's a complete mystery to me. Now, for my role, Hinata assigned me to accompany Sora throughout the hunt. It's to make sure that Sora won't go overboard and search outside the school.

I deeply sighed. "Good thing we have the school to ourselves. No one will see us like this." Shockingly, Natsume persuaded Kunugi-sensei to let us use the school on a Sunday. School never usually opens during Sundays and if it was, it's most likely a very important event. Looks like the magician has some tricks up his sleeves.

"I know right?" Hinata laughed. I heard another voice on the background, slightly rushing his words. "Oh — what did you say? Sora-kun's already at the gate? Okay, okay. Heard that, (Y/N)-san?" Hinata asked.

My heart began to beat fast. "Yeah," I managed to say.

"Alright, it's show time!" With that, Hinata ended the call and I was left there alone in the room, feeling nervous as hell.

"Okay, okay, you can do this (Y/N)," I said to myself as I grabbed the purple, clip on cat-ears on the table. I quickly gone over the words that I'm going to say. After a few minutes of painful silence, a knock was heard at the door.

"Pardon my intrusion~" A voice sang — a voice that belongs to the birthday celebrant. I quickly fixed my dress and stood straight, flashing a gentle smile. The door opened and the awaited blond boy came inside the room. Since it's not a school day, he's wearing his casual clothes: a sleeveless white hoodie, denim shorts, and white and green sneakers. His blue eyes met mine which widen in surprise.

"At last, you finally came, Mister Cheshire." I said, staying in character. A slight pink hue spread across Sora's cheeks as his eyes were locked on me. He just stood there, speechless — something that the energetic Sora that I know wouldn't usually do. "Umm...Sora-kun? Are you there?" I asked when a few seconds passed and Sora still hasn't budge from his position. To be honest, his silent stare was making me uncomfortable — heck, this dress makes me uncomfortable!