Chapter 2

Hey Fans! Please try and vote! i would love y'alls input! Thanks!

Chapter 2

"Mama 'ere we 'oing?" Chandler asked from the back seat of my car. She, for some reason, loved to be in the car. She loved looking outside  the window, at all the adventures she seems to have planned with the world. "Sawyer's car is out of gas so we have to drive to the school  and help him. It will only take a minute Sunshine." I said, my eyes on the glimmering topaz marbles on her face. A wide smile crept up on her face as she turned back to face the window, examining the sparkling blanket of snow on the ground. She lightly giggled at a dog, playfully happy and blissfuly jumping through the high and thick snow. It was late December in Nebraska and the traffic was indeed worse off with the snow, so it took me longer than usual to get to the school.

We pulled up to the school and as i eyed Sawyer leaning up against his car, he wasn't alone. He was talking with a guy, who looked to be about twenty one. I didn't know him and was cautious to meet another person. I stepped out of the car with Chandler on my hip, hoping to avoid the gaze of the new person, but no luck. He was eyeing me lovingly and his gaze flashed to Chandler, a worried look upon his face. He was probably shocked that i had a child, but i hoped he thought i was just babysitting a sister or something, I hated getting looks of disappointment in stanger's eyes.

I walked worridly over to my brother and the other man and reajusted Chandler on my side. The new man had beautiful coffee brown eyes, they pulled people closer, the warmness of the color immediatly intreged me and made me want to move closer. " Hello there beautiful, you must be Adeline. I'm Holland and who might this little thing be?" he said playfuy to me. His smile was georgous, his teeth a sparkling white. His eyelashes long and lushious and coal black. He had lovely blonde hair, short like Damian's but not looking nearly nice enought to run your fingers through.

I nodded my head to him, ignoring the curiosity about Chandler, not wanting him to know to much about her.  I in no way was ashamed of her, she was the ony thing keeping me afloat in my life, but i just didn't want to be judged for who they thought i was, it's not like i can say ' yup its my daughter but i was raped too so im not a slut or anything'. My life was just to complicated.

Chandler shied away from the recodnition, hidding deep in my wavy golden hair. Her breath quickened against my neck, warming my wind -chilled body. I hugged her tighter, showing her i was , there, and looked toward Sawyer, he had a rather pissed off face on.

" Where the hell have you been? It has been Forty-five minutes since i called and your just now getting here? Do you haave the gas?" he scoffed at me throough his teeth. i nodded vaugly at his snark, knowing there muct be some reason for his harshness towards me, he was usually patient and polite. He trudged to the car and pulled out the gallon of gas i brought him. I pressed Chandler tightly against my chest and turned slightly, only to be stopped my a hand.

"Hey now Love, where you off to? Where's the fire?" he said as a chocky grin crwled up ontp his lips. He was extremly handsome, i had to give him that. but I wasn't good at introductions. I smiled lightly at his 'Love' comment but still shugged offf his hand, for it only to be wrapped around my shoulder instead. " Come on now Love, don't be like that! I just want to get to know you!" he said happily into my ear. i noticed Chandler stuggling to get out of my arms and away from Holland and so i put her down on the snow covered ground to go play in the snowflakes. I looked back at  Holland, his magnificen smile sparked my whole body.

"That's better, so, whould you like to go to a movie tonight? Get me a chance to get to  know you better." his words took me by surprise and then sent me into a panic. those words matched exactly to the words of Daniel asking me on a date almost three years ago. I suddenly pulled out from under his arm and wiped the smile off my face. " I.. I have stuff to do. Maybe some other time?" i said reasurringly, not intending on ever calling him. He smiled and his teeth showed through his lips. " Don't you worry, i have a feeling i will be seeing you around Adeline." He said and walked back oward his car, yelling his goodbye to Sawyer.

I sat there, playing with Chandler for about two more minutes and felt a hand on my face. I looked up and saw sawyer there, an apoligetic look on his face. "I'm sorry for being a jerk earlier, I just wanted to get home, and my dy was awful..." he said trailing off as his fists tightened. I wanted to hear about this, but not now. I would wait until later, when he wasn't so tired to tell me the whole story.

Sawyer took Chandler home so I could go to starbucks and get my black coffee, i needed it to feul me through my delemia with Holland, not that it was his fault. I was at the counter ordering my drink and handed the man my money. He just smiled awkwardly at me and gave me my beverage. I nodded to him and walked to en empty booth. I slowly took in the sweet smell that overtook me everytime i entered this coffee shop. I loved the aroma so much, i was calmedinstantly. Not long after i had been there, a strong hand found its way to my face. It craddled my cheek and a pair of lips kised it lightly and soft enough to leave a tingle where the pressed against my skin. I looked up to see none other than Roman.

"Hey little one," he said into my cheek and sat down in the chair next to me, scooting it as close to me as possible. This guyreally had a way of entering a room. I felt a smile glid onto my lips as i leaned in for a hug. Een tough it wasn't said, we both knew what we had together. I brushed my lips along the crook of his neck and felt the growing amount of goose bumps on his skin. It made me feel special that i had someone i could be myself with, i hadn't been myself for three years. I pulled back and sipped my black coffee, seeing the beauty in his silver eyes get aroused my movements. He slung his arm over my shoulder and sighed deeply. I playfully mimiked his deepbreathand chuckled on the last bit of air that sliped through my mouth. Once again, i was starstuck by his intoxicating sent of lavender that ran through my nose. He noticed my breath calming and my muscles relaxing in his arms and gave be one last squeeze, then reiled his arm back in to look at me. He knew what  he did to me and i had a feeling he felt the same way.

He had a playful smirk o his face as he held both my hands in front of him. I smiled widly at him and stared deep into his eyes.  I loved His eyes as much as Chandler's, but sometimes more. He seeped to be pulled out of a trance and shook his head. "How bout i take you and Chandler out to lunch tomorrow? It will be fun!" He said with bright eyes. I suddenly felt the smile drip off my face as i knew i already had something planned for tomorrow. I shook my head and smiled a weak smile. "I'm sorry Roman, I have to go somewhere tomorrow. Just have to have a day by myself. Maybe you and Damian could take Sunshine ice skating while Sawyer is in school? I bet she would love it!" i said enthusiasticly. I was upset that i couldn't go wih him, but i neded to get some stuff done.

He nodded his head and stood up from his chair, pulling me along with him. He slipped his hand in mine and walked me out to my car. He embraced me in another hug as i sighed in his ear. I knew that was the perfect way to leave him, so I pulled away, looking at him with my apologetic eyes. He smiled one last time and kissed my forehead. I turned and opened my car door, telling him goodbye. He walked slowly back to his car as i backed out of the parking spot.

I felt my feelings for him boil in my blood, not wanting to be held back anymore. I wanted to go to him and plant a kiss on his full lips and never let hi out of my grasp. As much as i loved him, I still wasn't sure to how it would end. I couldn't loose anyone else.

I drove home slowly and dragged my feet to my room. I looked at Sawyer asleep on the couch and kissed his forehead, earning me an unconcious smile on his lips. Going to my room, I see Chandler in her cribe and my bed drawn out for me. I washed my face and slid under the covers, into a dreamless sleep.

** Hey guys! Hope yall are liking it so far, I would seriously love your input on where the story should go, and please vote! Thanks!

-Kaitlyn