Chapter 4

kndslusjbg'odbkd

Chapter 4

It had been ten days since my almost- run-in with Daniel, and i was mostly trying to get him off my mind. Roman had been over when i got home, but I didn't tell him about it, he would just worry. I was a big girl and could take care of myself. I would just power though this bump in the road and move on, again.

I was standing over my cellphone, debating wether to just get it over with or just forget about the whole idea. Holland wasn't letting up on asking me on a date, even though i had rejeced him every time. He was a charmer and wouldn't be shot down. I quickly grabbed the phone from my lap and dialed his number before i abandoned the thought again. He answered on the first ring, not giving me time to think about what to say. "Hello?" he said into the phone. His voice was husky and rough, very intreuging. I curled my lips and spoke, "Tonight at seven, we are going to dinner, you pick where." I was pretty blunt. He chuckled on the other line and i could almost picture the long waiting smile on his face. "Well Adeline, I had a feeling you would take me up on my offer. Very eager are we? No matter Love, I can't wait. I will be at your apartment at seven sharp, don't keep me waiting, and make sure to look dazzling, as if thats a hard thing." He laughed shortly at his own compliment giving off a nervous tone. I giggled at his words and hit 'end' on the phone. It was still morning so i had plenty of time to go shopping for a new dress. Sawyer was already gone so I would just wake up Chandler and be on my way. Off to the mall!

Chandler and I walked into Dillards and marched straght to the junior section, even though i was 18 i still wore junior sizes, I was only 5'6 afterall. We picked out several beautiful dresses and went to the dressing rooms. She prefered to be the judge of all my outfits so i sat her up on the chair in the small four-walled space. The first dress I tried on was deep blue and went down to the floor. It was covered in sequines and sparkled on the walls. Chandler liked this one because on the way it looks when I twirled in it, but it didn't quite 'dazzle' me so I hung it back up on the wall. Of the four other dresses I had laid on the ground, I only really liked one. I picked it up and slid on over my shoulders. It came up to just above the middle of my thigh and only had one long sleeve, the other side was strapless. I especially loved it because it was the brightest and most beautiful red dress I could find. It hugged my curves just tight enough to drive Holland crazy. It was stunning. Chandler clapped and giggled as i looked in the mirror, only further falling in love with the georgous gown. I got dressing in my jeans and t-shirt and walked out of the dressing room holding Chandler in one arm with my dress slungover my shoulder. I paid for the dress and headed for the shoe department, where I found some sexy, jet black, strappy 6-in. heels . I couldn't get enough of my outfit!  This was definantly distracting enough for me. I would forget all about Daniel with this one simple date.

I pulled up to my apartment building at 5:24 p.m. and smiled at my excilent timing. Chandler had fallen asleep on the way home so I carried her on my hip and struggled to handle the rest of my bags. When I finally made it upstairs, I rested Chandler in her crib and began to get ready, starting with a shower to tame my messy blonde bun. I purposly turned the water on cold, trying to clear my thoughts. The low temperatures of the water felt good on my skin. I ended up staying in the shower for 45 minutes. Wow, I hope Holland doesn't mind waiting a while for me to get ready! I stepped out of the bathroom and ran across the hallway to my room. Chandler was still asleep, tossing and turning in a wild dream. I smiled and turned to my mirror, looking at the feeble girl looking back at me. I had not had a good long look in my reflection in a long time. I looked so small and vulnerable. Maybe thats why Roman is always by my side. He feels protective of me? I looked at the ground, smiling, blushing. My cheeks turned red every time I thought of him. I hoped I would give him a chance soon. Snapping out of my thoughts, I ran my fingers though my hair, trying hoplessly to dry it. This was going to take a while.