Alien

Grey. It had been grey. I stared up at what seemed to be a ceiling of some sort. There was a blinding light shining over my head. I could not hear anything; then again, at this moment, I did not know what sound even was.

Suddenly, a ring bounced through my head like an echo through a cave. My chest filled with air and expelled it through my nose. It was a very odd feeling, foreign- alien even.

A man was standing over me with wide eyes and an expression of excitement. He spoke, but I could not quite understand.It sounded a lot like... gibberish.

I closed my eyes and took a deep intake of air. I would later find out that it is called breathing, and it is a regular thing people do. I opened my eyes as soon as I heard a faint click. This man stared at me and spoke.

"Hello?" I could now understand what the man was saying. I was able to comprehend what each word meant.

"Hello," I said, gazing at the ceiling.

"How are you feeling."

"I feel... well," I said, keeping my eyes locked.

"Can you sit up?" I blinked before pushing my chest forward. My back felt oddly restricted, as if it was taped together. I looked around at the grey room. Tables were surrounding me, some clean and some with a lot of junk piling up. There were glass tubes, needles, and tools everywhere. It seemed to look much like a science lab from a scary movie. I looked over at the man. "Please explain how you feel."

"Restricted. My back feels as if it is taped." I stated; the man nodded. He grabbed a tube and a small metal syringe and gently took my hand. The needle in his hand slipped into the skin on my wrist with ease.

"What is this?" I said, looking down at my wrist. The odd red liquid poured into my body, and I no longer felt empty and restricted.

"This is something to help you, so you are not so breakable." The man said, taping the needle to my skin. I nodded slowly.

"Like a water bed," I say before swinging my legs over the edge of the table. The man smiled and nodded his head.

"Yes. Like a water bed." I looked around, blinking every once in a while. The man looked at me with such admiration and wonder. His eyes were a dark brown color, and his hair was brown- which seemed oddly soft.I would later ask him why his hair and eyes matched colors; he will say it is most attractive. In the following years, I will find out that it is definitely not the most appealing.

"Okay, please stand up." I nodded my head and gripped the edge of the table before sliding off the cold metal plate. The moment my feet touched the floor, I felt very awake and.... alive. I looked up at the man. He smiled and moved my hair out of my face. I glanced down to see that my hair was long. It ended at my shoulders, only allowing me to see the ends. It was a dirty blonde.

"My hair is golden," I said softly. The man nodded his head, looking down at me.

"Would you like to see what you look like?" He took my hand and guided me towards a wall. I was somewhat off-balance at first, but I eventually did get the hang of it. The floor was hard and definitely cold.He walked up to a wall and placed me right in front of it. I saw a girl. Long wavy dirty blonde hair and eyes looked exactly the same as everything else, nothing but white.

"What's wrong?" I looked up at the man. His eyes were white, but they were also brown; mine had been nothing but white. I swallowed before looking at myself longer in the mirror across from me.

"Nothing." He nodded his head. My face was ashen, and there was a cloth covering most of my skin. I gradually grasped the loose hanging cloth and pulled it off my body. Everything was just as pale as my front. There was not a single discoloration on my body besides the color of the lips on my face.

"You are not aware, but if you wish to become more like a real girl, I can do that for you. If you wish to be male, I can do that also." The man added as he looked down at me.

"You may change me."

"Change you to what, may I ask?"

"Whatever it is that you wish," I say, looking up at the man. He was taller than me, but not by much. By my estimations, he was 6'3, so if I was correct, I would be 5'7.

Unfortunately, the average height was 5'5.

The man sighed and looked into my eyes. "If I choose to change you, it will be much later. We have some tests that I must take care of before I make you official."

"What shall be official?" I asked as I followed him slowly back to the table. I eye his shoes; they were gleaming brown and very shiny. Comparing them to my own feet, they were bare except for the nails covering each of them.

"You will be the official test of seven hundred eighty-nine. Seven eight nine." He said quickly and quietly cleaned off the grey metal table that I was lying on a moment earlier.

"Is that what I am called? Seven eight nine?" I asked, standing next to him, my arms by my sides, as I watched him clean. He was wearing a white coat that almost touched the floor. It was way too long for him, but I would soon learn it was once his great grandfather's. It had sentimental value, he had said. I will never understand such a thing until much later.

"Not necessarily- what are you doing?" He asked me, frowning as I picked up a glass tube with the red liquid from before.

"I am.... curious," I stated before placing it back down in its slot on the table. The man smiled before nodding his head.

"You will be called an official name when I decide what it will be. In the meantime, I shall call you seven eight nine. Please sit on the table." I walked over and sat back down on the cold metal table. Although the table was cold, I was not.

"Do you know when that will be?" I asked, a slight smile forming on my lips. The man grinned at me and gave me a sigh.

"No, I do not, but it will be soon." I smiled and nodded. Something was welling inside of me, and I felt like jumping around with animation.

"What is that I am feeling?" I asked, frowning.

"Something called excitement. That is when you are delighted, and you cannot wait for this thing that has been brought up to you." He said as he grabbed more tools and needles.

"Are you excited?" I asked, smiling; he chuckled slightly.

"Yes. Yes, I am."