Same

I stared up at the man in front of me with curiosity filling my mind. Alexander's body moved closer until his chest was against mine. I could hear his heartbeat 200 times a second. His blood was pumping which made me nervous. Those feelings of stress put me on edge. My heartbeat faster matching the pace. I breathed wildly, gripping tighter onto the stranger's hand with a sense of urgency.

His hand had reached up and placed itself on my cheek. When he started to pull away I found myself keeping my face in his hand, causing his lips to meet mine. My breath caught in my throat. I stood frozen on the spot, not knowing what to do. The voice in my head commanded me to be close to him. Screaming to me that my body demanded him.

Alexander pulled away from my lips and sighed, his eyes remained shut and his body felt stiff. When I had pulled away from him I could feel a burning sensation to run through my body. It hurt, but I did not mind it. His eyes opened and turned black, laced with anger.

I felt my heart stop when I heard a growl come from his chest. He growls? My eyes widened and I gazed down at his chest. My mind filled with questions I never thought I'd ask. Is he mad at me? Did I hurt him? Sometimes I did things that hurt James's feelings. I never meant to. It would just. I would always feel bad and strive to make him feel better, but it never felt as strong as it did that day. I felt like my chest broke and my heart shattered to pieces. I swallowed the ball gathering in my throat and quickly placed my hand on his chest.

I felt the vibration of his growl before it ceased. My heart no longer raced and his eyes faded to a light golden color. I felt relaxed, calm, with my heart no longer pounding. I felt the sting of his body heat on my hand. I liked the sparks that were felt between us. It was as if I could feel his skin through the dark navy suit. I could feel the air run through his chest as he sighed. I moved my hand down his chest feeling every bump of his suit and the amazingly soft skin I imagined to be under those layers of cloth. I reached down to grab his hand, craving the feeling of his touch.

His hand was soft and his skin was a pale white, while mine was much brighter. I was as pale as the moon. At that moment, I wished more than anything I could have a darker skin color, to be normal like he was. The tips of his fingers were rough, like sandpaper. "Come with me. I will keep you safe, no matter what." I looked into his eyes, he gave what looked like a small look of hope.

A hope that I go with him? I did not know...

I swallowed and glanced up at him. Without hesitation, I gave him an answer to the question that would change my life forever. "Okay." Just then, it was as if the whole world got brighter. He had smiled the slightest bit and grabbed my hand. Alexander's small grin was enough to make me smile. I did not know-how, or why, but it just did. I felt happy. I felt safe.

"You will never regret this. I will protect you through whatever the world puts us through." He stated, gripping my hand tighter. Eager to find out what the world has in store for me, I nodded my head. James always told me that great and wonderful things happened all the time. I wanted to know what that meant.

He took my hand in his and began to pull me away from the only place I had ever known. As gazed behind me, with the door open, I could see into the pale, dark, and grey interior of the house. I quickly found myself wanting to look at the different shades and hues rather than the dull and dreary home behind me.

My eyes were drawn to the mind-blowing, different colors of the scenes around me. The back of my eye quivered and my eyelid twitched. I unconsciously heard my father's voice in the back of my mind.

The plates in the back of my head...

I mentally shrugged and brushed it off, following the stranger that just convinced me to leave the only thing I have ever known. Isolation.

James once told me that he "programmed" me to know everything in the whole world. That I was able to think about anything and it will already be right there for me. It is only that I never needed to know anything. I never needed to survive off of my knowledge. Live off the only thing average people use to live. Common sense.

Alexander guided me down a sidewalk, holding my wrist in his hand. I could not help but look at the side of his face. It was just as pale as I remembered. He was so handsome. I noticed a large white and pale line dragging across his jaw.

When he glanced down at me, I looked away as quick as I could, I did not know why I looked away, I just did. I felt strange, weird, and different. Things were not the same. And at that moment I knew that they were never going to be the same again...