p r o l o g u e • p a r t t w o

Ten years later.

Sam and Steve were stood in an abandoned warehouse with a captured Winter Soldier in front of them. They knew Bucky was back but it still wasn't enough, they needed all the help they could get if they wanted to stop Tony and the accords.

Bucky explained everything to them; the flashbacks, the others, they needed help. And fast.

"This would've been a lot easier a week ago," a frustrated Sam spoke, breaking the silence between the two.

"If we call Tony-"

"He won't believe us," Sam retorted, interrupting his friend.

"Even if he did?"

"Who knows if the accords would let him help."

After a pause, Steve sighed and replied in defeat, "We're on our own."

"Maybe not," Sam said, remembering an encounter he had with a tic-tac sized man, "I know a guy."

"Yeah me too." Steve had thought about it before, how good she would be on the field and much of a great asset she'd be to the Avengers. "Oh God, I didn't want to bring her into this mess, she's just a kid but she could help."

"You think she's ready?"

"Oh yeah," the captain smiled to his friend to which he returned, nodding his head in agreement, "she's ready."

***

"Okay, okay MJ! Hey, look I'll call you later I'm at my door, okay bye." Lydia laughed on the phone to her best friend while fumbling with her keys. Opening the door, kept her head focused on putting her phone and keys in her bag and spoke out loud

"Hey mom, so we had a surprise calculus test today and I'm pretty sure I nailed it!"

"That's my girl," spoke a familiar voice, one that Lydia loved to hear. She dropped her bag and whipped her head up with the biggest grin on her face, running towards the man in front of her. He was wearing his usual baseball cap and sunglasses to 'disguise' himself which Lydia always found hilarious.

"Great uncle Steve! Oh my God!"

Steve caught her in a tight hug and lifted her up a little, "How many times do I need to tell you not to call me that, makes me feel old," he laughed letting go of his only niece.

"Yeah but, dude, you are old," she laughed.

"Okay fair enough, but still!"

"So where's mom and dad?" She pondered aloud, noticing they weren't home yet.

"Your dad's still at work and your mom went out for a bit, thought we should talk about this alone."

"Talk about what?" Steves face then turned serious and he sat her down on the couch behind them, "Steve what's wrong?"

"Now I've already spoken to your parents and they've agreed that you can do this only if I keep you safe and if you wanted to-"

"Just tell me, c'mon I can handle it"

Steve sighed and continued, "The Avengers are going through a, um, sort of, rough patch I guess you could say."

"The Sokovia Accords," Lydia stated knowingly.

"Exactly, so Tony and I are not agreeing and they want to stop us; that's where you come in Lyds, we need your help."

Lydia thought about this for a moment. She's only 16, a kid. What did a kid know about helping the Avengers? Well, half of the Avengers. What if she messed up? I mean she can't move things with her mind like Wanda and she definitely couldn't take on and kill 6 men at once like Natasha. She was just fast.

"Do you believe that I can really help?" She asked, embarrassed of how vulnerable she sounded.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't be here," her uncle answered reassuringly.

"Okay then, lets go kick some iron ass."

***

okay so I was trying to figure out how Steve could have a niece lmao n it was just confusing me so lets just go with it for the purpose of this story okay great thanks :)

also this is short but I just wanted u guys to know how she got recruited

THANK U GUYS SM FOR BEING SO PATIENT N LOVELY IN UR COMMENTS :)
n also 5k what how did that happen

keep voting and commenting guys!! It's the reason I started writing again :) I'll be back soon w the next chapter I've started so yay

—clio