sigh

Lena looked down at widow, and felt true remorse.

"I'm sorry" she said, climbing off Amélie, "I never meant for it to go this far, it was to get back at you for making (y/n) sad, but... now i just.. i cant go through with it... I was going to make fun of you but if this is the first time you've had true emotions I couldn't just... ugh, I'm so confused cause the truth is"

Widow sat up, with a malcontent look upon her face, but listening intently,

"I actually used to have feelings for you, but I could never betray  (y/n) like that, I'm sorry, love."

"But, chéri, if she's this mean and manipulative, would you really want to spend your life with her? She's using you to fight her battles."

"I know but... hold up, SHE'S mean and manipulative? You are the meanest person I know? Not to mention you killed you're husband and I'm sure you're also manipulative but an example isn't coming to mind at the moment."

"Well, I could change... for you..."

"At the right time maybe, but not while she's still in my life, I've made a commitment to be faithful, and I know she would never cheat on me. She deserves the same peace at mind as I have." Tracer explained, trying to keep widowmaker calm.

She sighed, and fell back into the bed, lightly gripping the sheets

"I understand, but if it doesn't work out i want you to know, you are like a cardinal over a valley of snow, you're the only thing that brings color to my otherwise meaningless life. I know I always push you away, but that's because I'm scared of letting you close, all I do is hurt the ones I love."

A tear rolled down her cheek, she closed her eyes and put both hands over her heart, remembering the day she had been given those fateful orders... she never wanted to hurt her husband but she wasn't in control. It wasn't her thoughts, her actions, she was conditioned to think that way, but she would never forget his face. He smiled at her, he refused to fight back. She hesitated ever so slightly, thoughts fleeting back, but her cold conditioning came back and she shot.

Amélie's eyes burst open, and she shot forward, breathing heavy, remembering it hurt her.

"I promise if it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know, I know you've had a complicated past, and you can talk to me any time you need help, ok, love?"

Widow nodded, "No hard feelings?

"Yeah, we're good"

They hugged, widow rested her head on tracer's shoulder. It went on for a while, lena rocked her gently back and forth.

"I'm glad I didnt go through with it." Tracer cooed, and as she tenderly kissed Amélie's head.

"Me too." She muttered into her neck.

"I gotta go, goodbye, widowmaker, and do me a favour, act liked you're crushed, ok?"

She sighed deeply, "I can do that" then she added the last part in a whisper, "shouldn't to hard."

Lena patted her back gently, and got up to leave.

"STOP!" (y/n) yelled. Not even checking to see what they were doing, she ulted, blinding everyone in the room.