Part 20: Peril Fanfic

Me: Peril, this is a chapter all about you-

Peril: Yes!

Me: -but it will include all of these other dragons, Winner and Moonwasher, and whatever the rest of your names are.

Winter: I'M A WINNER! (flexes non-existent muscles)

Me: Ahem, the Peril fanfic...

(Note: This fanfic is in italics so the parts that are normal text are italicized italics. Enjoy!)

"Oh, of course I can do that!" Phoenix replied to the scavenger. "I'm an animus!"

"So... can you do something for me?" the scavenger said.

"Like what?" Phoenix asked.

"Well," the scavenger said shyly, "there is one thing I've always wanted... to be Peril the SkyWing."

Peril: That's me!

Me: Shush and LISTEN:

"Enchant this scavenger to be Peril the SkyWing, for a day, then return to her normal self." Phoenix commanded.

The world started spinning, faster and faster, until it faded out.

"... and we should get an animus, maybe Turtle, to do the shield. What do you think, Peril?" a voice said.

Oh my gosh. It worked! I'm really-

"Peril?" the voice (Qibli) said. "Are you okay?"

"Well, I, for one," another voice harrumphed (Winter), "do NOT, one bit, care about her."

"Um, sorry, I have a really bad headache. I'll go- wait," I said, as an idea came to me, "Where's Turtle?"

"In his sleeping cave, I think, or with Kinkajou." Qibli responded.

I looked in his sleeping cave first, and there he was, all the wonderfulness I had expected, every wonderful green scale of him.

"Oh, hi, Peril," he said to me. "Is there something you need to talk about?"

He had hit the nail on the head. But how? Is he just guessing? Or does he know... well, he will.

"Turtle," I responded. "I need to tell you something. I'm a scavenger, but I asked an animus dragon who can talk to scavengers, if I could be Peril for a day, and... I guess it worked. Please, please keep this secret. If this gets out... then who knows what will happen?"

He looked shocked, overwhelmed, and worried all at the same time, then said, "I promise I'll keep it secret. Just one thing, though.  What was the name of the animus dragon?"

"Um... Phoenix, I think."

He exhaled. "Then it's not the dragon I'm thinking of."

I went to find Moon. She was good at keeping secrets.

I found her in the library, reading a scroll. Darn it, all those scrolls and my firescales... not a good match. She looked up and I motioned for her to come into the hallway.

"What is it, Peril?" she asked.

"You might already know," I told her, lowering my voice."Can you keep a secret?"

Turtle's P.O.V.

I was so overwhelmed right now. Peril (for today) was really a scavenger? I had to do something about it. But what?

I just felt like I was missing something...

"AHA!" a voice yelled.

"What! What is it?" I jumped in shock. "I'm- oh, hi Kinkajou."

"Guess what?" she said. "It's Peril's birthday today! I'm throwing a celebration with the Jade Winglet!"

"Well, I don't think that's-" I responded, but realized Kinkajou had already left.

Peril's birthday. Hmmm. What should I do? An idea came to me. I started working on a new animus spell.

Peril's P.O.V.

I went back to my sleeping cave, and then...

"SURPRISE!!!!!"

"Wait, wait, wait. What the heck are you guys doing?" I asked, but before they could respond, Turtle flung himself at me and hugged me. "TURTLE! MY SCALES!"

"It's okay." he responded. "I cast an animus spell to not make you have firescales for a day!" We wrapped our wings around each other as Kinkajou yelled "MY OTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Me: Wow, this was a long chapter!