A Thing Called Religion

Damnnnnnn Meadow. Back at it again with the updates. ;) I promised a double update and I'm keeping my word this time. No, seriously. Religion is such a big part of daily life and controversy that it makes the world cold.....but isn't that the opposite of what it was created to do. So, what is religion. LET'S ASK URBAN DICTIONARY :), and of course the regular Dictionary.com.

Urban Dictionary says:  "religion in its most comprehensive sense, includes a belief in the being and perfections of , in the revelation of his to man, in man's obligation to obey his commands, in a state of reward and punishment, and in man's accountableness to God; and also godliness or piety of life, with the practice of all duties. It therefore comprehends theology, as a of doctrines or principles, as well as practical piety; for the practice of moral duties without a belief in a lawgiver, and without reference to his will or commands, is not religion."

Dictionary.com says(their first definition was the exact same as U.B.'s so this is the second one):  "a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects"

So now that you have two definitions to base your definition of religion off of you might ask. Well Meadow what religion do you believe in? Good question reader, (that was so funny [laughing emoji] I had to stop writing and do a knee-slapper) and I'm at the stage in my life where I'm finding myself. I wouldn't call myself an atheist(in Christian terms) but at the same I don't necessarily believe everything about Christianity. I want to explore all the religions that the world has to offer because there's never too much knowledge and I feel there may be a religion better suited to me than Christianity.

Now I'm not going to lie, whenever I go to my dad's house I go to church with him  on Sunday. It's a habit. My dad is a die-hard old-school Christian so almost everything we talk about, goes back to God and his religion, which I'm not complaining about. Again, philosophy interests me, and so does a good debate. Life just has so much to offer, and I'm so young. Why should I limit myself to one religion, lifestyle, person, etc.? Plus, your 45th President is prejudiced towards anybody that isn't a white, male, christian, conservative, who is slightly racist. 

I think, at this stage in my life, I would call myself spiritual. I say spiritual because yes I believe there is a higher being, but I don't know exactly what to call it or how it came about. When I find myself going through something particularly overwhelming, I talk to this higher being about it. I try to exclude profanity, but primarily when I'm in the shower, I tell them my opinions on things. Why the world is the way it is, why people act a certain way, even how my day was. I have a bestfriend who is a non-believer but it doesn't bother me because it's her belief. Just like I have my weird way of viewing religion and spirituality, she has her's. 

I want to explore multiple religions because I want to see what they go through, how their daily lifestyle might be different from mine, and where they primarily worship. What are their traditions, besides what they "teach" us in school? LET ME TELL YOU I DO LOVE SOME GOOD GOSPEL MUSIC THOUGH.

"Religion is run by thought police. 'Obey. Listen. This is what you do. Don't ask questions. Go die for your country.' The spirituality says,'Okay, you can die for your country, but know what you're doing while you're doing it.'"

~Tommy Chong

Oh girasoles, this may be a triple update. I'm feeling really inspired and I have a lot of ideas running through my head right now. Maybe I'll just write them and save them for another day.. Possibly. Love you guys :) Make sure you spread  the word about my little book.