Chapter 1

Jin walked through the streets, his friends close behind him. He was in Manhattan, New York with the rest of the group. He was shocked. No one had noticed his handsome face yet. He was a Kpop idol! How could no one notice? No one wore masks or anything. They just walked the streets in the night. Namjoon was holding a camera, recording their walk. They were on a quest to find a girl. Each of them were to find a girl suited for them and go on one date. This date would of course be ruined by other members as a prank or social experiment video as a gift to the A.R.M.Y.

"I want her to be beautiful, so she can, uh, match me." He said to the camera, then blowing a kiss to it. Hoseok had declared it English speaking time so it was tough to communicate with everyone. Jin's English was starting to get better but he still struggled a bit.

"So, she doesn't need to have a personality at all? She just needs to look good?" Namjoon said to him sarcastically.

"Uh.. no." Jin responded laughing. "No personality. That's good."

"So a Barbie. You want to date a Barbie?" Namjoon pointed the camera over to the toy store they had past. Jin nodded

"Yes. Barbie." He stopped and thought for a bit. "Confident. I want confident." He turned back to the camera. "And pretty voice. Funny! She like dad joke. She think I'm funny."

"Ah okay. Finally we got something. There are plenty of pretty girls here, but not many of them are talented or could stand your jokes." Namjoon stated as they continued to walk. "But I'm sure they are all confident."

They continued on their hunt for the perfect seven girls until there was only one left to find, and that was Jin's. Originally only wanting her to be pretty, he thought that it would be super easy to find the perfect girl, especially if it was only going to be one ruined date, but he found it harder than he thought. He wanted someone a little different from the girls back home. He wanted her to be confident but not vain. It was proving very difficult to find this girl. That was until he heard a voice. It sounded like an R&B angel, specifically. He looked across the busy street to see a girl playing the guitar and singing for spare change.

"That is not very swag." Yoongi said crossing his arms and walking up to Jin. Jin didn't hear him though. He was too transfixed on the girl across the road. Her hair was dark and mid length. A pastel pink sweater hung loosely on her curvy figure, the white cuffs of the button up shirt she wore underneath peeked out of the sleeves as well did the collar of the shirt and the end of it. The jeans she wore hugged her legs tightly, as well as her backside. Jin quickly looked down to her shoes. She wore pink Timberlands, laced loosely. Next to her feet was the opened guitar case. No one dared to spare a dollar. All that was in there was peoples spare change from the food trucks. Words he didn't understand flowed from her mouth to his ears. Though he didn't know what she was saying, the words made his heart throb. The words she sang were longing. She faced away from him, but he had a gut feeling that she was the one.

"Hey, Jin. She matches your hair." Namjoon said pointing the camera back to him.

"Yes. She matches me well." He said, still in the trance. He made his way across the street, leaving the others behind to watch and record.

"I'm only a fool for you, and maybe you're too good for me." She sang. As Jin got closer, the better he could understand her. He decided that it was love that she was longing for, but how could he give that to her on only one date? He stood in front of her and listened to her voice cascade through the night. The sudden silence was what broke him from his trance.

"Hi." She said looking up at him. He was finally able to get a good look at her face. Her eyes were like almonds to shape and color and her skin was like smooth caramel. Her hair was parted down the middle with waves like an ocean.