No. 7 // Furniture Shopping Day

Melanie's POV

"Wake up! Wake up!" Emma exclaimed while shaking me.

"Noooooo" I murmured into my pillow before lightly slapping Emma's arm.

"C'mon its furniture shopping day!" Emma then ran out the room bouncing happily.

I gave in and got up then I went into my suitcase to get a outfit. I decided to put on a oversized sweatshirt and jeans because I felt lazy. Which is always.

I walked into the living room where Emma was brushing out her hair while packing a mini backpack.

"Before we go shopping can we get something to eat? Please?" Emma insisted while zipping up her backpack.

"Yeah! I'm hungry too" I replied rubbing my stomach.

I then put my hair up and put some shoes on.

"You ready?" I asked

"Yep! Lets go!" Emma then proceeded to grab the house keys and skipped out the door.

I followed her and closed my door on the way out.

We hailed a taxi and went to a near by furniture store after we had a small breakfast a cafe. Once we got in we started to look at some bed frames first since we didn't really want to sleep on the floor for much longer.

"Hey Melanie! Have you seen any you liked so far?" Emma asked while inspecting the displays.

"Yeah I found this one. Its a ok price too." I said as I pointed to the bed frame.

"Ok cool!" Emma then started looking at more bedframes until she eventually found one she liked.

"Ok now we need matersses and sheets. Do you have a specific brand you want?" I asked

"Nope, I couldn't chair less!" Emma then proceeded to sit in one of the nearest display chairs and did finger guns at me.

"Did you just?"

"I sure did!"

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Emma laughed and continued to look for mattresses with me

After half a day of mostly Emma telling furniture puns and me face palming to them. We got ourselves bed frames and mattress. And went home.

"HOW DOES THIS WORK?!?" Emma asked pracically screaming.

Me and her were trying to put together her bed frame which was much harder to put together then mine for some reason.

"Your geuss is as good as mine!" I exclaimed while examining the instructions.

"Ill just look up a tourtoial video online!"

"Ok"

Emma found a video and it literally only took them 5 minutes while we took like a hour.

"How in the?" Emma asked in disbelief while looking at the pieces of the frame. "Are we just tired or?" Cause by then it was like 1:00 am.

"Whatever!" I shouted while following what they were doing in the video.

We finally put our mattreses and sheets on our beds and slept.

After that it was mostly just going to furniture stores, Emma telling even more puns, and us trying to put furniture together.

Also Emma is apparently obsessed with plants so she ended up filling the apartment with house plants which is great.

We eventually had the nessestiys after a couple of days. But of course its not complete.

"We did a pretty good job!" Emma told me and gave me a high five.

"We sure did!" I responded high fiving her back. "Also are you sure you can take care of all of these plants?"

"There not my plants there my babies!" She said hugging one of the plants.

"Ok sure" I replied laughing.

"Besides I've always took care of plants so they will be fine"

"Ill take your word for it!"
-=-=-=-

Another chapter! Yay! Also I just got 100 reads sooooo I'm not ok! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this poorly written book by me lol

Ok bye😙✌