vii.

Namjoon sat down cross-legged on the ground. "Okay, what are we going to do?"

Taehyung looked up, his eyes slightly puffy. "What do you mean?"

Namjoon stared at Taehyung like he was crazy. "V, you don't actually think that you can come, break down in front of us, and tell us that your life is falling apart, and that we'll just sit here and say, 'Hey, sounds like it sucks,' and give you a pat on the back?"

"I...I..." Taehyung teared up again. "Nobody's been there for me for eight years so I don't know what to expect anymore," he mumbled softly, wiping at his eyes and looking away.

Namjoon looked crushed. "I'm so sorry, Taehyung. I should have seen it, but...I didn't...I had no idea what was happening..."

"It's my fault," Taehyung said, shaking his head. He didn't want to burden his hyungs. "I quit BTS."

"Don't say that!" Namjoon roared. "You took a break! You didn't quit! You can't quit family."

And then Taehyung was crying all over again. Jimin got up and hugged Taehyung, rubbing his back. After a few minutes, Jimin pulled back, smiling at Taehyung even though Jimin was crying himself. Then Jungkook came over and took Taehyung's hand, dragging him down to the floor and positioning Taehyung in his lap.

"I'm too big for this," Taehyung muttered, his voice choked up. "I'm an adult."

"Shut up," Jungkook said easily. "I'm an adult too. Just take as much time as you need to get composed."

Namjoon nodded before addressing the older members of the group. "I don't want him going back."

Yoongi shrugged. "We can bring him to the dorm. He can share with someone or we can double up to give him his own room."

Jin frowned. "But what about Ha Ra?"

Namjoon scowled. "I want to find out who she's been seeing for the past five years."

Jin looked down at the ground. "I agree with you, but is that really our priority here? Let's get Taehyung safe first."

"All right, Tae," Yoongi said, looking over at his puffy-eyed friend, but he saw an overlay of the boy who had been cheering them up eight years ago and who was now reduced to a broken shell of anxiety and heartbreak. Yoongi cleared his throat. "You're coming back to the dorm. We'll tell our manager later. This is happening tonight. Got it?"

Jungkook grinned. "TaeTae can share with me! Just like old times!"

But Taehyung was shaking his head.

Jungkook's smile slipped an inch at a time until it was gone, just like Taehyung's had day by day over the last eight years. "Tae? What's wrong? Why not?"

"I have to go back," he said, his puffy eyes finding the clock. "She'll be wondering where I am. I can't stay here. I...I have to go." He got up and quickly made his way over to the door, looking back with sad eyes to say something, but words escaped him and  he left.

Jungkook just stared after him, confused and angry, not at Tae but for him. "Why? Why would he go back? We can help him! We can make him happy again!"

"Nothing can make him happy," Yoongi muttered, staring down at the ground.

"But- WE JUST LET HIM WALK OUT THE DOOR!" Jungkook yelled, mad at himself, mad at his friends. "We know what kind of person Ha Ra is and we just let him leave to go back to her! Why are you going back to her, Tae?" He mumbled the last part, his eyes tearing up.

Namjoon frowned, his eyes also watery. "We'll get him back. Don't worry."

"I am worried," Jungkook said weakly. "Because the last time we let him walk out that door was when he quit BTS eight years ago."

***

"Why are you late?" Ha Ra asked her husband.

Taehyung just shook his head and mumbled something incomprehensible.

"Your eyes are red," she said, holding his face in one hand and looking at his eyes. "What happened?" She frowned. "Where were you?"

Taehyung pulled away from her. "Can we please just do dinner first?"

"Oh, so you won't talk to me but you want the food I make?"

"It's not like that-"

"You went to see them. Didn't you?" she asked, her voice cold and steely.

Taehyung's head dropped as he looked down at the ground.

"Taehyung."

His head lifted back up and he tried looking away but she'd know if he lied. "Yes."

"And let me guess. You told them a bunch of lies, like how you're unhappy and I'm ruining your life."

Taehyung went to protest, but she held up a hand.

"Lying to them is cruel and hurtful, Taehyung. You shouldn't do that. You're unhappy because you choose to be. You're the one who's alienating yourself. You're the one who's trying to break our marriage apart. You're the one who's seeing a psychologist because you have so many effing problems. I'm the one who's trying to keep us together, who's trying to make sure you have a warm house to come home to and dinner on the table! I'm the one who's trying to make you happy! I'm the one who has to put up with you when you're having anxiety! I'm the one who's trying to love you! So stop telling people lies." She crossed her arms. "I don't think you should see them anymore. Your psychologist thought it would be good for you, but she obviously doesn't know what she's doing. I don't think you should see her anymore, either." She paused. "You love me, Taehyung." She looked at him expectantly. "Well?"

Taehyung nodded, and his lips trembled. "I'm...sorry, dear." He hung his head, staring at the ground, his eyes wet and his mind confused. She did this sometimes, twisted things around until he wasn't sure what was up and what was down and her words were the only solid things to center him.

I'm unhappy because I choose to be.

I'm alienating myself.

I'm trying to break our marriage apart.

I have too many problems.

I should stop seeing my friends.

I should stop going to my psychologist appointments.

I love Ha Ra.

She nodded before composing herself and smiling. "Now then, dear. Let's have dinner."

Taehyung nodded and forced a smile onto his face because he knew she expected him to. "Thank you, dear."

thanks for reading! please vote! we read all comments so thank you :)
follow us for news on new stories! new one coming out soon but no spoilers