xiii.

Ha Ra woke up, and not alone. She smiled at the body next to her. She rubbed his bare back until he stirred, opening one eye and then the other as he smiled back at her.

"Morning, beautiful," he said, then paused, smirking. "I've always wanted to say that to you."

"Mm," she agreed, tracing her nails lightly along his shoulder blade. "Much better than our afternoon sessions."

He nodded in agreement before stretching and sitting up. "Mind if I borrow your shower?"

"Use Taehyung's," she said, scrunching her nose. "His bathroom is by the kitchen."

He smirked and nodded before leaving the bedroom.

She'd found over the years that men liked that, when she made them feel like they were more important than her husband, like they pleased her more.

That wasn't necessarily true, though. The man now showering in Taehyung's bathroom was attractive enough but not moreso than Taehyung.

But he has other uses, Ha Ra reminded herself.

She got up and took a quick shower as well, throwing some scented shampoo into her hair. Another thing that men liked - a scent that they could eventually possess and overtake.

She stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around herself before going back into the bedroom, where he was already waiting, halfway through getting dressed.

When he saw her, he smiled and gave her a sloppy kiss on her jaw. Then he threw on his remaining garments and walked to the door with Ha Ra following behind him.

"Oh, I almost forgot," he said, smiling as he turned around to face Ha Ra. "I found something I thought you might like." He opened his briefcase and took out a small box, handing it to her.

Ha Ra opened it to find a silver necklace with a fancy letter B hanging from it. "Pretty," she said. "But I'm pretty sure my husband is going to realize that neither his nor mine name start with a B, end with a B, or have a B anywhere in the middle."

The man smiled. "Tell him it stands for Believe. It's a religious thing."

Ha Ra smiled back. "That'll work."

He bent to give her another kiss before stepping out the door.

Ha Ra closed it behind him, silently thanking the skies for Taehyung's emergency business trip as she put the necklace in the drawer of her bedside table. She'd wear it next time he came over to make him feel important and desired. Until then, it would sit in the table, unused.

She ruffled through her closet to find a dress that would be easy to take off and ended up throwing on a red silk gown, inappropriate for most informal occasions, but that was another thing men liked, thinking you dressed up just for them.

Then she sprayed on perfume and waited.

***

She sat awake in the bed while the new man laid face down. From her angle, she could see the beginning of his tattoo, just the J, as it curled around his bicep. His face was turned away from her, and for a second, she thought it was Taehyung laying beside her.

But that was impossible. For one, he was on some emergency business trip.

And they hadn't slept together in a while.

He was just too wishy-washy all the time. He was either weak, insecure, submissive...nothing like the boy she'd married, who had been caught up in his own charm. He'd loved her back then. She was sure of it. But she knew that she would always be second to BTS, even if they were just his friends and she was his wife.