00

Red. Red and blue lights. The taste of copper. Wetness on my hands. Dizzy.

I open my eyes and the world is upside down. Wait, I look around, I'm the one upside down. I'm in a car, my mother's car I think. Her and my father are in the front. My mother's arm is hanging down, blood steadily dripping from it.

"Mom?" I rasp out.

Carefully I reach my hand down to the roof which is acting as the floor, and with the other hand I unbuckle my seat belt. I slowly lower my self to roof, I crawl towards my parents. I look at my mother to see a piece of glass in shoulder and one in her eye. I reach towards her throat to feel for pulse. There is none. I turn my head to my father and tear up at what I see. His head is at on odd angle, his jaw unhinged, and his eyes out of their sockets. I need to get out of here, I think. I reach over my mother and attempt to open her door, before I can I see lights. I try to scream out but only start to cough uncontrollably, I uncover my mouth and look at my hands. Their red. I don't know whether if it's my blood or a mixture of my parents. The smell of gas over comes my senses and I look back to see the backseat slowly catching fire. How did I not notice that, I question. The smell is too overpowering and before I can process my world turns to black.

~~~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I slowly open my eyes and look around. I'm in a hospital room? A lady, a doctor comes in, Dr. Ramirez her tag says.

"Hello," she says, "I can see you're awake, how are you feeling?"

"I-where's my parents?" I ask.

"Do you remember? The crash?" she slowly says.

That's when it comes rushing back, the impact, the fire, my parents. I look at the doctor and open my mouth to speak but the knot in my throat prevents me from doing so.

Dr. Ramirez looks at me with pity in her eyes, she pats my hand and and says, "I'm sorry for your loss."

That's when I lose it and the dam behind my eyes finally breaks and floods onto my cheeks. Through my tears I see the doctor do something to my I.V and quickly my mind goes fuzzy and my world black.

415 Words