01

"Whelp," says my aunt Em as she turns off the car, "Welcome to our new home

"Whelp," says my aunt Em as she turns off the car, "Welcome to our new home."

I look at our new house, it has appeal. It's old and has a history.

"It's beautiful," I mumble.

"It is, isn't it," Em sighs, "It was a good price too."

"Why is that?" I call out as I make my way to the trunk to grab one of the boxes.

"Well," she starts but doesn't finish.

"Well what?" I huff setting down a box on the porch.

She opens the front door, "Some of the previous tenants died in the house."

"How?" I question bringing in more boxes.

"Childbirth and suicide I believe," Em says while opening some boxes.

"That's not all," she says standing up, "The Harmons, the previous tenants, their teenage daughter ran away with the baby."

"'Curiouser and curiouser,'" I quote.

"That it is," she disappears into the kitchen.

I grab one of the boxes marked Andy and head up the stairs to find my room. I walk down a hall and see a door open, I pear in and see a room already fully furnished.

 I walk down a hall and see a door open, I pear in and see a room already fully furnished

"Hey Em!" I yell.

"What?" she yells back.

"Did you keep the previous tenants furniture?"

"Yeah, why?" she calls.

"No reason," I say and set my box down the bed.

It takes me fifteen maybe twenty minutes to bring up all my boxes, and two and a half hours to organize and put away my things. I set up my turn table and put in a Nirvana vinyl. A grab an old shoe box filled to the brim Polaroids. I stand there for a while just staring at the box and debate on whether or not to open it. I shake my head, another day I tell myself, and put it under my bed. I head downstairs and into the kitchen to see Em on the phone finishing ordering pizza.

"How'd your unpacking go," she tries to make conversation.

"Went well," I reply.

"Well I finished unpacking my room and the bathrooms, I just need to finish the kitchen. That's why we're getting pizza, is that okay? Or do you want something else? I could or Chinese or Italian," she rambles.

"Pizza's fine Aunty Em," I confirm.

"Okay," she sighs.

I hear my phone ding and look down at it to see a text message from my only friend back home, Jordan.

JorJorbinx: Heyyy gurly!!!!! hows sunny cali???

Me: Okay so far just a lot of unpacking

JorJorbinx: Boooooo!! see any hot surfers!?!?!?! i need to nooooo lol

Me: Not yet lol but i will keep an eye out for ya

JorJorbinx: Ya better or ill disown you lol :P

Me: Surprised ya havent yet lol Gtg pizza is here

JorJorbinx: Pizza!?!?!?!? Ewwwwww so grossssss

Me: Idk how you dont like pizza

Seen

I laugh at my best and only friend and grab a piece of pizza. Em and I sit in silence and eat. Once we're finished she puts the left overs in the fridge. We both head towards the stairs and go up together. We reach our respective rooms. We yell a simultaneous "goodnight" to each other and close our doors, I turn around and see a girl looking at my vinyl records.

"Your sense in music is outdated."

537 Words