Chapter 2: Worn-Out Shoes and Stalking

Niall's POV

We kept following them, forever and ever. Luckily they haven't looked back yet so they didn't see.

"DAMMIT HARRY!" Zayn scream whispered after Harry knocked into a metal trash can.

"HIDE!" I scream whispered to the boys as Olivia and Scarlet turned back, startled by the noise. Harry had ducked behind the trash can, Liam and Zayn in the alley, Louis and I behind a bus stop.

"WHAT THE FUDGE WAS THAT?!" Screamed Scarlet.

"A cat?" Suggested a slightly less startled Olivia.

"Maybe." muttered Scarlet.

"Where are we going? I'm hungry. We should've taken some food before we left, then I would be happy."

"I know, but then Chloe (A/N: Chloe is the 'caretaker' person from the orphanage.) would've given us  a lot of work to do."

"I guess." They turned back around and started wallking again. I knew they were talking, so I crept up to hearing distance.

"Tell me again why we didn't bring anything with us." stated Olivia.

"1, we don't have much to bring with us, and the stuff we do have are really just rags. 2, we had to leave quickly, otherwise Chloe would punish us for taking too long to get ready, and we both know how horrible the punishment is. And 3, we don't want to look weird roaming around."

"Good point, Scar."

After about 20 minutes of following them around, they finally stopped outside a gas station. We hid behind the gas pumps and listened.

"Scaaaar! I'm hungry!" Said Olivia,

"All right, fine. We'll go inside and steal some water and a donut or something."

"But I don't want to steal. We could go to jail. We just got out of a bad place, I don't want to go into another."

"Then what do we do?"

"Maybe we should've gone with those boys... Since they're in a band  and thought we were fans, they probably had some spare food, or something."

"No! They would've kidnapped us or something!"

"Would you REALLY have cared if they kidnapped us? I mean, come on, they're cute, especially the blonde one." Olivia said, making me blush and Louis pinch my cheek. "What's the worst they could do if they did kidnap us? Which they wouldn't."

"Umm. HOW ABOUT USING US! Or holding us hostage! Do you really want me to continue?"

"Did you even look at how kind the boys' faces looked like when they were trying to help us? No, you didn't, because you were too busy talking!"

At this point, Liam had gotten out of our hiding place and walked over to the girls. Was he out of his mind? I raced over to catch Liam before he spoke and- too late.

"Would you guys like some food? I can get some!" He stated.

"Did you guys follow us all the way here?" Asked Scarlet, with a repulsed look on her face.

"Yeah, we did. We knew that you two needed help from the minute we saw you." Zayn said suddenly, who was now next to me as well as Louis and Harry.

"Stackerish much?" Muttered Scarlet.

"I think it's kind of sweet." Olivia said to herself quietly, looking down at her feet, which, now I noticed, were a beat up pair or converse, probably a few sizes too small for her feet. I had an urge to scoop her up into my arms and carry her to a store where she can shop to her heart's content. I smiled to myself, thinking of how nice she would feel in my arms. True, both Scarlet and Olivia have some dirt and some-what messy hair, but I think that was granted from what I have heard from their conversations about the orphanage.

"PLEASE!?" Yelled Louis.

"FINE!" Scar yelled back.

We went inside and they got so much food, you'd think they were stocking up for the rest of their lives. I knew that I liked these girls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guiz!

It's Marisa! Whadja guys think? I know I'm pretty proud of it! Lindsey, you're writing the next chappie. She was supposed to write this one, but forced me to do it instead. -_-  I was talking to her earlier and she said that she loves how Scarlet hates the boys so much. I was happy. AGHH! I have a dance rehearsal and recital tomorrow that I have to wake up at 8 in the morning to get ready, and it's almost 12. And guess who's fault this is that I'm up late? :)