Chapter 1- Childhood Memories

Michael and (Y/n) were playing capture the flag. They were best friends since they could remember, even if they were only 9, almost 10, years old.

Suddenly, (Y/n) came from the bushes. Capturing Michael's green flag.

"I got it!!! Ah ah! I knew I could beat you!" She said laughing at the surprised face of her best friend

Michael started to laugh too. Every weekend was like that. Michael went to (Y/n)'s house, they played a super fun game, Michael slept there on the attic with (Y/n) and he just went away on the next day.

"That's not fair! You cheated!" He laughed to her.

She started to cuddle him and them both started to giggle and laughing without stop. They were true best friends, and they would never be apart...At least they hoped.

"Michael! (Y/n)! The dinner is ready!" (Y/n)'s mother said, making them stop and giggle.

They went to the dinning room and Michael sat next to (Y/n) as usual. There were (Y/n)'s mother, father and Thomas, her 3 year old brother which was very cute at Michael's eyes. He didn't like people very much, but he found babies were the best ones. Innocents and they were not evil, unlike the older ones.

"Do you like pizza, Michael?" Her mother asked and he nooded his head with a smile. He was pretty shy with (Y/n)'s family, but he liked them more than his own family. The mother was the sweetest person in the world, and she spent a lot of time with her daughter, unlike his. Her father was a business man very serious but very nice and polite, unlike his stepfather who was all the bad words that exist in the world. Thomas was just a baby but very cute, just like his little sister Boo. She had also a older brother who was in a college in New York, but he never saw him before.

Then, they had (Y/n). She was the sweetest and the nicest girl in the world. She didn't judge people by their family, unlike the others at school. Her smile was full of joy and dreams and her laugh was super contagious. Her (e/c) eyes gave hope and happiness to every person who looked at them. She didn't take super good grades, but they were good. Michael believed that it was because she was too smart for school. He loved her. But he didn't know as a friend or something more.

They ate their pizza, and the phone rang. (Y/n)'s mother stood up to find it, in the living room, so they didn't hear anything.

"Hello? Oh, hi Mrs. Myers. Yes, yes, Michael's right here, no need to worry about...Okay...No, no problem at all! Okay, kisses. No need to thank me, it's my pleasure. Bye, kisses"

She went back to the dinning room and she sat on her chair again.

"Who was it, mom?" (Y/n) asked curious about that call.

"It was Michael's mother. She asked me if I could take him home tomorrow, because of the work" She answered.

Michael rolled his eyes. He hated his mother's job. He felt like she was betraying his father, that was now in heaven. Also, people on school mocked him very much because of that. But, of course, he could always count on (Y/n) to cheer him up.

After the dinner, they went to the attic of the house to play some games, and then, sleep.

"Okay! Names starting with a Z!" Michael began.

"Ah....Zoey, Zack, Zeya...?"

Michael was confused and he laughed.

"Zeya? That's a name?"

"You said names! You didn't say american names!" She laughed at her best friend.

Then, they looked at the window of the attic. They saw a shooting star and (Y/n)'s eyes were full of dreams and hope.

"Look! A shooting star! That means you can make a wish!" She smiled still looking at the sky.

Michael thought about it. He never thought about his wishes before. He looked at (Y/n) that had her eyes closed and a smile on her face. He already knew what to wish...

"So! What's your wish, Mikey?" She asked joyful.

Michael looked down and then he smiled to her. The smile that she always loves to see.

"I can't tell. If I do, it doesn't come true"

She laughed with him and they lied on their beds and looked at the ceiling smiling.

"Do you think we're gonna be together forever?" Michael asked her "I'm scared of we being tone apart..."

(Y/n) smiled to him and he replied. He had nothing to be afraid of.

"Of course we'll always be together, Michael. Even if we are away from each other, we will always be together no matter what. We're super best friends, and we always will be."

Michael smiled even harder and they holded hands, even if they were in different beds. He was happy, but, somehow sad, at the same time. He was happy knowing that (Y/n) would always be there for him, and that she liked him no matter what happened. But, he felt sad...Like if he wanted more than just that. He didn't understand that kind of feelings. He was angry with himself, because of him doesn't feeling satisfied just with friendship. He thought it was selfish, because he had what he wanted. A friend, a best friend. But he wanted more, more than just friendship. He tried to get that feelings away, but he couldn't. He wanted more, but he didn't know how to describe it. And he didn't know if (Y/n) wanted more too. He felt scared. He wanted to just smash that feelings, for he being satisfied with just friendship. That was new for him. He never felt like that before.

"Good night, (Y/n)..." He said blushing.

"Good night, Michael..." She answered.

(Y/n) didn't like using the name "Mikey". Just for teasing him. She felt like she was making fun of him, so she preferred to use his complete name. One name that she loved. She always loved the name, Michael.

With less than a minute, she was a asleep. Michael looked at her kindly. She was the best person in the world.