-Hostage-

The days wore on in the same manner, not that Marlyn cared. She liked not being the spotlight, finally getting some time of her own, but still making a difference.
  She didn't get a chance to do much out of the base, Natasha would take her different places in DC as part of training but she didn't go out of the city for anything.
  At least the Black Widow didn't make her get up at 4 in the morning anymore.

  Natasha burst into her room, Spider-Gwen close behind her, both gasping for breath.
  "Get up, you have your first mission today." Natasha said roughly.
  Gwen winced. "Is this really a good idea? I mean, we didn't exactly get permis-"
  Natasha clamped a hand over Gwen's mouth, cutting her off. "This is something I should have done a long time ago," she hissed. "I don't need to explain myself."
  Marlyn couldn't hear them but knew something was uncertain.
  Gwen smiled, "It will be dangerous, but Natasha thinks you're ready."
  Natasha snorted, "Actually, I need a third man, and I don't even trust her," she spat, getting right into Marlyn's face. "We'll see if you can prove yourself."
  "I will not disappoint." Marlyn replied, straightening her back.
  "Good, we must leave, very, quietly," Gwen whispered.
  "And quickly, we have no time to lose," Natasha added.

  With that, the three women were gone, slinking unnoticed in their own base, quieter than shadows.
  Once aboard the quinjet, Gwen released a sigh of relief. "There are so many ways that could've gone wrong,"
  Marlyn cocked her head, "what do you mean, we haven't even left the base?"
  Natasha and Gwen shared a look before Gwen finally spoke up.
  "Natasha is obsessed with ending HYDRA and there is a base nearby,"
  Natasha snorted.
  "I'm not obsessed..."
  "Anyway," Gwen continued. "Though the base has thus far been peaceful, she has heard rumor that Loki plans on using that small base to infiltrate SHIELD and exact his revenge on the Avengers."
  "My plan," Natasha interrupted, "is to get into the base and get any information on Loki's arrival and then blow it to hell."
  "So to get it straight," Marlyn began. "You couldn't get permission to destroy it because it isn't a threat but you heard a rumor that nobody believes so now you are going behind director Fury's back?"
  "Exactly," Natasha said, snapping her fingers. "You catch on quick, girl, you just might survive this."

                                                      ---

  They landed the jet a block away before climbing out silently, resuming 'ninja' mode.
  Upon entering the base, Gwen flipped on Marlyn's tracker, 'incase she gets separated.'
  Natasha led them down a couple hallways, glaring at a holographic map and sneaking up and choking all the soldiers they passed.

  Eventually, their little trail of death became too obvious and the base went into lock down mode. The map shut off and Natasha cursed under her breath.
  "We have been discovered, we will need a hostage to tell us where the control center is." Natasha stated, as calmly as if she was explaining the weather.
  Gwen crept across the ceiling, wrapping the nearest charging agent in webs. He struggled and screamed, Gwen covered his mouth and steered them into the nearest office.
  Natasha shot the agents inside and locked the door.
  "Where is the control center?" She shouted, a gun pressed to the man's temple.
  "I- I don't know, I'm just the hall moniter, I haven't done anything!" He sobbed.
  Natasha rolled her eyes, "If we don't get anything out of  him, we must dispose of him. Marlyn, it's time for you to prove yourself, pull out your gun."
  Her eyes widened in shock, "me?" She stuttered. Natasha nodded.
  "Natasha, don't make her," Gwen pleaded without response.
  The hostage sobbed. "Please, I have a family, I was gonna take my son to the baseball game tonight, don't do this to them, please!" He was visibly shaking.
  Marlyn pulled out her gun, aiming it at the man's forehead.
  "We don't have much time, pull the trigger." Natasha urged.
  "Have mercy, please"
  Marlyn closed her eyes.
  She felt the gun recoil and heard the bang.
  She had succeeded so why did it feel so wrong?

  Marlyn dropped her gun and ran, fumbling with the lock on the door.
  "Marlyn, wait!" Gwen cried after her. She could feel the anguish rolling off her, she didn't want to be near strong emotions right now.
  She didn't stop running, the agents were so shocked, they didn't even shoot her as she shoved past.

  Before she could slow down, a huge metal contraption rolled out of the floor, crushing her between it like giant jaws.
  She screamed,pushing against it frantically. It seemed to have directly targeted her communication devices because her tracker and distress signal had been crushed.
  Agents crowded around the screaming girl, wondering what to do with their new hostage.
  Leave her to die?
  Or bring her to the head?
  "Please," Marlyn pleaded, gasping for breath.

  Just as her vision started to fade out, she felt the pressure releasing as the trap opened up. An agent pulled her out and set her down, gently on the ground.
  Pity laced his face. Perhaps he saw a girl much like his young daughter. Perhaps he was just struck by how helpless she had become.
  He stepped back as other agents rushed to the scene, grabbing her arms and pulling her to her feet. She let them lead her forwards.

  It was hopeless now, whatever lay ahead, she deserved it.
  For what she had done.
  For what she would have done.