課 012

I groaned loudly and kicked the car furiously before walking inside the motel, suddenly greeted by Dom.

"Made a new friend?" He asked smirking. Eyebrow raised. Voice deep.

Dominic had always been like an older brother to me. He, along his wife Michelle and their friend Luke were the people who ran the Motel, a.k.a the people I considered family.

"New enemies" I sighed, dragging my feet up the stairs.

"Don't you wanna eat somethin?" He yelled from downstairs.

"Nope!" I yelled back. I threw myself on to my bed and let out a longer sigh.

"What the fuck do I do now" I mumbled to myself, staring at the ceiling.

I rolled to my side and sat up to peek through the window, only to see someone on the parking lot, staring up at the motel. Hands on hips.

By the silhoutte, it looked like a man, around my age. Long hair, brawny..

It didn't take me long to realize it was Grayson.

"What the fuck is that prick doing here" I mumbled, jumping off my bed.

I ran down the stairs, to the front door, making Dom watch me in amusement as I hurried outside.

I slowed down, once I got outside, and headed towards him.

"Need something?" I crossed my arms.

He looked away and flared his nostrils.

"I-uh, don't know my way back." He explained, dropping his arms to his sides, making his palm slap his thigh.

I rolled my eyes, thinking twice about whether I should let him inside for a moment.

"Not my problem." I turned my heel and began walking back.

"Red, wait." Grayson called.

I turned around, waiting for him to talk.

"I'm sorry okay, just help me out" He pleaded.

I sighed and gestured for him to get inside. He flashed a small smile and walked with me inside.

"You, missy, are making me dizzy, what's goin on here" Dom said, as he sipped on his beer.

"This is Grayson. The guy doesnt know his way back" I explained, leaning all my weight on one foot as I leaned my elbow against the counter.

Dom furrowed his eyebrows and scanned Grayson from head to toe, making him slightly uncomfortable.

He made his way around the counter and stretched his hand out.

"Dom." He introduced himself.

"I'm Grayson" Grayson said as he took his hand and shook it.

"Make sure the kid gets something to drink. He looks pale" Dominic chuckled before taking another sip and entering a room.

I cracked a chuckle and looked at Grayson, who looked tense.

"C'mon bookworm, let's go upstairs" I smiled at him and took his wrist, leading him to my room.

"Does this room remind you of anything?" I smirked and leaned my lower body against my desk.

He looked around the room, observing the corners and the walls.

He nodded and sat down on my bed.

"Look, about the whole criminal thing, I'm sorry"

"Grayson" I tried interrupting.

No use.

"I was just so scared and so mad that I couldn't help"

"Grayson"

Again, no use.

"Saying those words and I panicked and I didn't know what to do-"

"Gray- fucking- son!" I called louder. "It's fine. Relax" I giggled, locking my ankles.

His eyes darted at mine and relaxed.

"Sorry"

"Quit saying sorry!"

"Okay! I'm sor-" he stopped himself mid sentence and chuckled awkwardly.

I sighed and smiled at him vaguely.

"You asked me about myself," I trailed off. "Well you weren't wrong when you called me a criminal."

"The only reason why I always carry weapons around is because of that."

His eyes looked up to me.

"I was born and raised in Melrose, in a tiny area. My parents abandoned me when I was only 6. Some people found me and raised me as their own" i explained.

"The problem was, I didnt realize they were using me to their advantage, as a lethal weapon for their little drug business."

I opened the can of soda and took a small sip before proceeding.

"I was the one in charge for the merchandise and the clients. For that I worked with weapons my whole childhood."

"What happened then?"

"At the age of 16, I got introduced to a whole new world since my parents wouldn't get enough money. I knew nothing when they sold my body to some random ass crack head."

I shook my head, gripping my canned soda.

"I had no friends so I was forced to lift myself up. The second time going into that job, I learnt to defend myself. I stole half their money and ran away. My feet led me here. Ever since then Dom and the rest helped me out with everything."

"I-I'm sorry I didn-"

"I told you, it's fine Gray" I smiled vaguely.

I told him everything. What I didn't tell him, however, was the fact, that I had a little sister.

A little sister who was being held as a hostage by the kings in Melrose.

The only reason why I accepted Ethan's deal.

Your sister in exchange for the cash. 1.5 million. You've got 2 and a half months.

_____

❝ Need something? ❞-Raine Hernández, Melrose

❝ Need something? ❞
-Raine Hernández, Melrose