Chapter 13: Planning

All my prayers go to the affected in the Catalonia attacks, you won't be forgotten.

Carrie's POV

We left the Death Star, the whole team went back to doing their usual stuff and I just sat there, thinking... there was no need for me to especify who I was thinking about, it was all that had been in my mind since the first time we met, I didn't know why I kept thinking about him, it made no sense in my head... why was he always in my mind? I didn't understand, maybe if I told someone it'd be extremely clear to them, but considering that all the people I knew wanted to kill him, it wasn't a good idea to talk about it to anyone, I had made up my mind about something, if I couldn't tell Jyn, I couldn't tell anyone.

We were heading to Yavin, at least there I wouldn't be questioned about anything... hopefully, everything was going well for now, Bodhi, Cassian and Kay were at the cockpit while Jyn, Baze and Chirrut talked, I didn't do any of those things, I had to do something to get him out of my mind, but I didn't know what to do, I felt like I didn't want him out of my mind, I knew that when we got to the base, I would want to be alone... something kinda hard when you're a Rebel at war.

"Carrie" Jyn sat next to me, I snapped out of my thoughts and tried to focus on her "are you alright?" She asked worriedly, I nodded, smiling at her "you've been acting strange since Geonosis, did something happen?" I glanced at the floor, "did Krennic hurt you?"

My eyes widened "no! I mean, we didn't even interact after you and Bodhi were taken away" I hopefully saved it, now I had to wait for a reaction from her, she just nodded... was that a good sign or not? I couldn't seem to know.

"That better be true for his sake or I'm killing him, I won't let him hurt anyone else" I chuckled, I knew that if I had told her the truth she would've killed him with no hesitation, and I was not going to let that happen.

"Jyn, we're going to find Galen" Bodhi called, Jyn walked to him and they started talking, leaving me alone with my thoughts again, was he alright? I had made sure that he'd be okay after the hit, I had made sure that he wasn't bleeding, but still... I couldn't stop worrying about him, but why?

We got to Yavin and everyone left the ship, I stayed inside, I needed to make sure he was alright, but I couldn't go to the Death Star alone, like Krennic had said, it wasn't safe, but... what were we? Enemies? No, enemies don't save each other from their own people, enemies don't kiss, and enemies don't help the other escape when they are supposed to keep them in a cell.

But we weren't a couple either, couples don't hit each other... were we lovers or... "Carrie, let's go" I followed Baze inside the base, where Cassian and the others were waiting.

"What happened at the Death Star when we weren't there?" Cassian asked Jyn and Bodhi as we walked inside, I frowned, I wanted to know too but that wasn't the way to ask right after getting them back.

"Director Krennic started talking about Carrie, he told us she had escaped..." Jyn explained... more like he killed the two Stormtroopers, kissed me and let me escape... but that wasn't important "he was being a dick so I hit him" the cut... I had noticed a cut on his cheek, did Jyn make it? Why did I feel angry suddenly? "Bodhi got sassy and Krennic took me away, I don't know what happened to Bodhi afterwards" Jyn hit Krennic... that's why he was dragging her somewhere when we got there.

"look guys, we need a plan for our next move or we'll all end up dead" I said, I knew that after that, the conversation would turn to me and everyone would want to know how I managed to escape twice from Krennic, but they couldn't find out... no one could know the truth but us two.

"We're going to Eadu, we'll find Galen Erso" Cassian said "there's no need to plan anything" I frowned, I cared about him, I loved him as a brother but he was being annoying, since this whole mission started he'd been acting different.

"No need to plan? I'm sorry captain Andor, but I think we do need a plan, maybe we won't follow it, but we need something to know where to start, that facility is crowded with imperial troops and officers, the only one who won't try to kill us is Erso" Jyn nodded, she wanted to find her father, she wanted them to be a family again, but the orders they gave Cassian and I were clear. We had to do anything in our power to kill Galen Erso, luckily, Cassian would be the one to pull the trigger, not me... lucky for the sake of the Rebellion, because I wouldn't be able to do that, I had gotten too attached to Jyn to do that to her.

Cassian walked to me "we'll plan later, now you just follow my orders" he dragged me out of the room and made sure no one followed us... that was like the first time I met Krennic.. no, I had to stop thinking about him, especially at times like this, "we are going to Eadu with a purpose, remember?" I nodded "we're going to kill Galen Erso"

"Are you going to pull the trigger? Because I certainly won't, not after spending all this time with his daughter and telling her we'd find him and get them to meet again" he frowned and I walked back to the rest of the team.

"What was that about?" Bodhi asked. I shrugged as Cassian walked behind me.

They planned the whole mission without me taking any part in the discussion, the plan was simple, we were going to Eadu and Bodhi, Cassian and I would look out for Galen before killing him -not that anyone knew that last bit-

But Krennic... shouldn't I start calling him Orson though? We had already saved each other a few times and kissed, but I still wasn't sure...

What did I feel towards the imperial director? I didn't understand why I felt this way everytime I saw him, thought about him or even heard his name... was it love? Or maybe... no, there was no other explanation... it had to be, it didn't matter if I liked it or not -I did but-... I had no say in that matter.

I had to be love. I loved Director Orson Callan Krennic