Chapter 14: Confrontation

Orson's POV

I walked out of my room and got prepared for anything, I knew I'd have to deal with Tarkin, but that wasn't the thing that worried me the most... I had to go to Eadu and see Galen, I had betrayed him, I had dragged him into this without him knowing, the pure Galen I befriended when I was no more than 15 had been corrupted by me. But he still wasn't the one that worried me... The odds were against me, we had met absolutely everywhere... In Yavin, Geonosis, in here... And still, I hadn't managed to come clean about my feelings to myself until an hour prior. I wasn't prepared to meet her yet... Well, I had become the stereotypical human in love, please kill me.

"Director Krennic" I stopped and turned to face Tarkin, who followed by Vader, was coming towards me "I must inform you that if you don't succeed on this... Well, you'll either stop being a director or you'll die" he smirked, I frowned, why did he have to be here all the time? I should've been able to decide who came into my Death Star, he would be banned for life. But now I had to be careful with what I said or I'd be in danger, Vader was here, and that just made me angrier.

"You know, if my mission was to kill you... Well, I would've done it a long time ago without any complaints" I said, trying not to lose my composure.

"I'm surprised you didn't rush to Eadu, when you had the chance, to see Galen Erso" I tensed up when Tarkin mentioned him, remembering his daughter and doubt stroke back, what if it was her? She seemed to be so much like Lyra, but I couldn't be sure, I was told she died, the only Erso alive now was Galen, and I planned to keep it that way.

"What are you hinting at?" I asked, I knew what he meant, but I wanted to hear him say it, that was all I needed to beat the shit outta him.

He smirked "don't you want to see your boyfriend? I'm sure he's eager to see you" I clenched my fists and hit him in a swift movement before being pushed back by Vader, I looked at both of them, darkly, hatred written all over my face, I didn't care, I wasn't going to pretend anymore... I wasn't going to be someone I wasn't, and I knew that'd get me in trouble, but so was faking.

I decided that if I was going to get killed by one of them I'd rather die for a reason "Vader... What would Padmé think of your behaviour?" I knew I had hit a nerve, and I was quite proud of that.

I felt like I was going to die right then and there, so I did the thing I knew how to do better in the previous month... I thought about her. That was all I could seem to do lately so I didn't have to think twice, "sir, the shuttle is ready to take off" a deathtrooper said walking to me, I was shocked that I had survived until that moment so I just decided to leave without saying a word.

"Go see your boyfriend Krennic"

"Fuck off, you asshole"

I got on the shuttle and I let my troopers do their thing.

I started thinking about Carrie again as we leave the space station

It wasn't shocking anymore, I had accepted that the fact that the only thing I could think about was her. I didn't even try to stop my thoughts anymore, I just let them pass, the shuttle was darker than usual, but I didn't need any more light.

I remembered the first day we met, we were both in here alone, she seemed friendly for a while until we were around other people... Why? What was she thinking about? I mean, Carrie seemed deep in thought everytime we saw each other, there had to be something in her mind.

"Sir, there's a rebel ship on our tail" a trooper informed, I sighed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was them again, I couldn't help but feeling content, I was going to see her again and that just made me forget about Tarkin, Vader, the Emperor and Galen for a while, but reality always hits you like a freaking ewok stampede... Well, ewoks are kinda cute but still... We got closer to Eadu and I remembered the promise I had made some years prior... I was going to protect Galen's daughter if something happened, what I didn't expect was that I would have to protect her from myself... Did Galen know? Did he know I'd end up feeling something I'd never felt before? Or he meant I had to protect her from something else? I was so confused and thinking about it wasn't going to make things easier or more comprehensible.

"Keep our course intact" I ordered, the trooper nodded and I went back to thinking again.

We got to Eadu and the rebel ship was already there, my heart stopped as I saw the condition it was in, it was their ship, but it had crashed... I hoped and prayed she was okay, but nothing nor no one could ever find out how I felt about the young rebel.

I got off the ship after the troopers and saw Galen approaching, the cold rain made it hard to see and walk without slipping, everyone who worked here was used to this, but I certainly wasn't.

"Excellent news, Galen, the battle station is complete" I said as he walked to me, stopping a few feet away "you must be very proud"  I smiled, but I had something in mind, and it wasn't just Carrie for once