LET'S GET RAMBLIN ; PART ONE

Edited ✔️

———

———

"You could have dropped us off first. I mean, like, why'd you have to park so far away?" I chuckle, patting his back as we walk up the stairs, with Dad trailing behind us.

"I am the driver. I park where I please."

I look around 'The Dew Drop Inn' looking down to see the gated pool.

Kate will totally be coming down here.

"I don't even know why you're driving. Dad half-drunk could drive better than you ever could—" I let out a small yelp as I'm pushed aside and Scott is shoved to the wall with Dad towering over him harshly pushing him up by his sweater.

"What makes you think you can say that?"

I let my bag fall, grabbing his arm. "Dad! Let go. Let go of him." I hear Kate plead saying the same as I , looking around in worry.

"I was just kidding."

"We're still a clean family. Show some respect."

"Dad, stop." Exasperated Kate speaks. "Dad."

He finally lets him go. Quickly I nudge him making space for me to pull Scott out of his way. "Are you okay?" I ask and I'm met with a small smile and a nod. "Come on."

———     ———

"Kate, mind if I take the bed?" Scott politely asks.

"No, not at all. I'm going to the pool. Do you want to come Lili?"

"No thank you, I think I'm going to lie down or take a shower." She lazily nods and proceeds to the bathroom, locking the door as it shuts.

I sit next to Scott, watching Dad avert his eyes from us and slowly walk to the bathroom door, knocking. "Katey-Kakes. Open the door. Now."

I look at Kate's tired and sad face as she opens the door. Dad looking down to the carpet as she tries to cover her bra with a towel.

"I'm sorry about the drink. I was just... taking the foot off the gas, so to speak. It won't happen again."

"Good. Are we done?"

"Dad, she needs to change." I look at Kate giving her an encouraging smile. "Leave her be." She returns letting out a sigh and closes the door as Dad walks away.

My phone vibrates on the back of my pocket, taking it out I see Kate's message.
I need to speak to you. I quickly rise up knocking on the door and fastly the lock is off and I push the door. "What's wrong?" She closes the door stepping in front of it. "I don't feel safe with him anymore. I don't feel like I can trust Dad. I don't feel okay with leaving you and Scott here. Are you sure you don't want to go down, maybe we can convince Scott too?"

"I really don't want to go, I am sweaty. But if it makes you feel any better I'll talk to Scott and I'll later on join you." I try to compromise, "is that okay?" She nods stepping away and opening the door.

"Kate wants to know if you want to go to the pool with us." He shakes his head. "Are you sure?" I instantly move my eyes to Dad. "I'll be alright Lili. You go." I nod. Roughly the bathroom door jerks open.

Stopping to only grab her phone, Kate leaves. "I'm going to shower." Scott quirks his eyebrow at me. "Why? You are going to the pool. Oh, right I forgot how weird you are." He ruffles my hair to which I laugh.

———       ———

I turn the water off, bringing my hands up to my hair. Turning it in to a ponytail, turning and turning until the excess water falls down. Grabbing my towel I wrap it around my body, stepping out. Unzipping my backpack I pull out the bottle of lotion, rubbing it all over my body I put it back, putting my new change of clothes on. I look at my phone at the side of the sink. I think I rather be alone, Lili. Don't worry okay, I'll be down in the pool. It was sent 15 minutes ago, I don't reply back.

Knock. Knock.

"I'll be out soon, Dad." I turn my attention to the mirror, grabbing my pendant and putting it around my neck. Looking down to lock it.

I turn around and open the door. I don't look up and swiftly turn around to gather my things, I freeze as I feel something being harshly pressed against the back of my head. Looking up to the mirror, I furrow my eyebrows, "Out of all rooms, you had to choose this one."

"Aren't you a funny one."

———     ———

.

.