XIV. High Heels (Extra 2)

What do you do when you like your boss but can't do anything about it... yet? You get her attention by becoming the best in the team.

He wasn't sure if he was doing the job but he noted that his reports weren't sent back as much as his other teammates and Maine's questions were mostly clarifications or minor revisions. Still, he didn't want to assume anything. After all, he was only part of one team and there were four other groups that Maine handled.

***

At the team building activity, Alden barely got a chance to exchange a few words with Maine because she was busy taking charge of the entire event. After he saw her in a bikini, he just stuttered every time he saw her, so he thought it best to stay away.

Then, Joseph had to ruin everything.

Alden did ask Maine, "Why didn't you just punch the guy?"

"Kung pwede lang, di ba? If I had met him in a bar and this happened, I probably would have. But, this is an office activity and I'm part of management. Unfortunately, I can't just act on impulse for something he said."

"Ang perfect mo naman," Alden said out loud and he wanted to kick himself. Ang perfect mo? Talaga? That's what you come up with?

Maine rolled her eyes. "I'm obviously not. But, thank you for appreciating whatever I do."

To some extent, maybe he should be grateful to Joseph because if he weren't such a jerk, Maine wouldn't have concocted a scheme to mess with people at the office and make them think they were involved.

Before they left the coffee shop, to head back to the office, Maine assessed him from head to foot. "Loosen you shirt from how it's tucked. It has to look like I pulled it out during our make out and you haphazardly put it back in."

Alden adjusted it, but Maine wasn't pleased, so she helped him out. He bit his lip to suppress a groan at her proximity.

"There. And then your hair... Can I run my hands through it?"

"H - ha?"

"Masyadong ayos eh... remember we should look like we were hot and heavy."

"H - huh..." was all he got out when he nodded. In his mind, he was willing himself to calm down and not get affected by the sensations she was bringing out in him. He stepped back after a little while. "O - okay na siguro yan."

Maine bit her lip, "Yes, medyo pwede na... but your lips don't look like they've been kissed."

Alden's breath hitched. Yup, there it is. I'm up. Shit. "Kakagatin ko nalang."

She smiled and pulled him up and they ran hand-in-hand back to the office. At the elevator, he commented, "Ikaw, ayos na ayos ka pa."

Maine messed up her hair and didn't bother to wipe the beads of sweat that formed on her forehead during their run. "Malapit na tayo sa floor natin, put your arms around me and smell my neck."

He didn't know where he got the strength to resist licking her.

Once their act was done for the day, he quickly headed to the restroom to fix himself. His officemates thought it was to cleanup. He knew it was to calm himself down because his body seemed intent to show them that he had no issues at all.

***

His last three days seemed to be the most difficult for Alden, and it was not even because of work.

Maine was intent on messing with his officemates, but she was also successful in messing with him.

When she reverted back to being his boss, he felt like she threw a bucket of cold water over him and gave him a harsh dose of reality.

"Mr. Richards, please email to me the sources you used for the report on investment outlets."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Why don't you have a coat? You still have until tomorrow with my team."

He enjoyed their lunch and coffee breaks the most when she seemed responsive to his attention. "Binili kita ng ice cream for dessert. Favorite mo yung avocado, di ba?"

Maine's eyes would beam when she takes the pint and thanks him profusely. "Yes! Thank you! Ang sweet naman. Share tayo?"

Or sometimes, she'd initiate and pass by his desk, "Coffee break. Join me for a quick run to the coffee shop?"

The most difficult would be those times when she was still pulling a prank.

One time, she dropped by his desk, bent over and whispered in his ear. "Your teammates are talking about us. Pretend I'm saying something naughty to you." She straightened, gave him a heavy-lidded gaze and said, "Please? Later?"

From his peripheral, he could see Annie and another one looking at them. Alden placed his hand on Maine's hip, let his eyes caress her from her lips, neck, legs and ended at her tummy... then looked at her straight in the eyes. "Yes. Definitely. I can't wait to... EAT."

Maine huffed and her legs almost gave way. Alden caught her. "Okay ka lang?" He whispered.

"Oo. O - okay lang. Ginalingan mo lang masyado eh... nagulat ako." Determined to play her part, she gave him a sultry smile and touched one his shirt buttons. "See you later."

They were still exchanging hot stares until she disappeared in her office.

To his officemates, Alden and Maine were  planning a tryst right before their eyes.

To Alden and Maine, they were making plans to grab some twister fries.

---

Note: I'm sorry this is rushed. One chapter left! Will post it tomorrow.