XVI. Kasambahay (8)

"Maine, gusto mong sumama sa shoot ko? Pupunta kami dun sa isang beach sa Zambales," Rj asked Maine a few days ago.

She looked at him, wide-eyed. "Beach?! Talaga?! Pwede ako sumama?"

"Hmm oo, kailangan din kasi ni Mama Ten ng help dun sa mga dadalhin na gamit. Two days lang naman, kaya sabi ni Ate Virgie, kaya naman nila pansamantala," Rj explained. 

"Oh yey! Thank you!"  She launched herself to hug him, and he was ready to catch her, but she stopped mid-way and pulled back. "Sorry. I almost got carried away. Pero, talaga ba? I can go?"

"Yes. Alam ko naming love mo yung beach eh."

As Maine moved away, skipping happily because of his good news, Ate Virgie approached. "Bakit ako hindi mo niyaya mag-beach kahit kailan?"

"Ay, Ate. Pasensya na. Babawi ako next time. Lahat tayo magpupunta sa beach. Promise yan."

Ate Virgie chuckled, "Biro lang, ito naman. Mahalaga na siya sa'yo 'no?"

Rj blushed but said nothing.

"O, sige wag mong aminin. Ito lang ha, parating may tumatawag diyan pag gabi. Ilang gabi ko ng napapansin. Hindi niya sinasagot, pero mukhang may nangungulit."

They arrived at the location, and much to Rj's chagrin, he found that while there were two beds in his room for him and Mama Ten, Maine was assigned to the servant's quarters. He looked like he was about to scold someone for the mix-up, so Maine stepped in.

"Huy, okay lang talaga ako dun!"

"No. Hindi ako papayag na dun ka."

"Rj," she said, lightly. "I'm sure that the quarters here are fine. I'm going to be okay there. Besides, matutulog lang naman dun. I can still enjoy the rest of the time here with you and Mama Ten."

While they were quietly discussing their options, Maine convincing Rj that she was fine where she was booked and Rj bugging the reception if they could arrange an extra bed in his room, the crew of the show whispered among themselves. 

"Yaya ba talaga ni Alden yan?" One asked.

"Oo daw, sabi nung handler niya."

"Eh bakit parang girlfriend kung ituring ni Alden? Tingnan mo o?"

True enough, Rj had his hand on Maine's waist, her hand on his biceps, while they were whispering to each other, though still obviously arguing. 

"At saka, paanong yaya? Eh mas mahal pa yung mga suot niyang gamit kaysa dun sa isang artista nating kasama."

Today, Maine was wearing a Gucci shirt, jeans, her Pandora bracelet that was full of charms, YSL flats, and a Prada bag. "At yung relo niya, Rolex."

"At! Narinig mo ba magsalita? Conyo si Ate Girl. Baka yan yung tinatanong asawa ni Alden? Di ba yun ang sabi sa chismis?"

"Magchichismisan lang ba kayo diyan?"

The crew looked to see Mama Ten giving them a reprimanding look. 

*

Rj watched Maine run after the receding water, and then avoid it when it goes to the shore again. This was a game she brought Mama Ten in, but his PA gave up a few minutes after. 

Her laughter was heard all the way to where he was standing and Rj couldn't help but smile. Waving back at her, he smiled as Mama Ten approached. "Ang kulit ni Menggay."