Trouble is a brewing

While I stayed with Kai to support him, Kira was getting a surprise of her own as she walked in on Jacob and Jonas unexpectedly.

"Oh, my God," Kira said as she opened the door to find Jacob on his knees in front of Jonas.

Jacob stopped and stood quickly, "Kira! It's not what it looks like!"

"What the fuck do you mean it's not what it looks like, Jacob? It looks like you have your dick out and giving Jonas head!" Kira yelled.

"Um, well, then maybe it is what it looks like," Jacob said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Unbelievable! I'm out of here," Kira said, storming off.

"Kira!" Jacob yelled.

"Fuck off, Jacob!" Kira shouted.

Jacob shrugged and went back to what he was doing. Yeah, Jacob has no shame.

On Monday, we returned to school, and Kira wasn't talking to Jacob, and Jacob wasn't talking to Jonas. It confused Jonas and the rest of us. I swear my friends have more significant issues than anyone that I ever met.

Trying to keep the peace with everyone was getting a little rough, but things were about to get rougher. After class, the teacher held me back to talk about a project she wanted me to do a writing contest. I was hesitant, but she persuaded me that I should give it some thought. I had a lot of promise. I told the teacher I would think about it.

I left the classroom, and most students left, so I headed to my locker, but as I turned the corner, someone's fist connected with my face, knocking me off my feet. My books went flying, and my head felt like it would explode. My vision was blurry, and all I could see was blood, lots of it.

As I held my face, the person leaned down and whispered, "You should stay out things that don't concern you."

I tried focusing until they gave me one good punch, knocking me out cold. Whoever hit me? It was a guy.

A little while later, I opened my eyes, barely making out anything. I tried to get up, but everything felt off. I reached into my bag and pulled out my phone, trying to make out the numbers until I pressed a name.

Hello? Faith, is that you?

I couldn't answer. I hurt so bad.

Faith! Where are you?

Nothing was coming out of my mouth, and everything felt foggy.

Faith?

I pressed a button, not realizing that I hung up on the person and laid back down, watching darkness overcome me once more.

"Are you sure that Faith called you"? Kai asked Ashton.

"Positive, dude. Look," Ashton said, showing Kai his last call, which was from me.

"Faith didn't butt dial you or anything, did she?" Kai asked.

Ashton stopped and looked at Kai, "Really?"

"Hey, got to ask." Kai shrugged.

"Look, all I know is Faith never came home, and she isn't with anyone else," Ashton said.

"Did you guys find Faith?" Max asked.

"No, but Faith still has to be in the school," Kai said. "We'll split up. Search every hallway."

"Sorry, we're late," Belle said breathlessly.

"Look, we don't have time for this. Faith is missing," Kai chided.

"Chill, man, we'll find Faith," Jacob said.

"Come on. If anyone finds Faith, let the others know," Kai said as they all entered the school, splitting up to search for me. Luckily, the school's still open. They came and made their way to different halls, searching for me.