The significant fallout

I opened my eyes, and I saw Kai staring at me. His dark brown eyes were a sight for sore eyes. Wait, a minute? I sat up quickly.

"Hey, relax," Kai said in a soothing tone.

I looked around, and I rubbed my eyes, trying to see if I was dreaming. There were no dark shapes. I could make out things, but they were a little blurry. I could see it.

"Faith?" Kai asked, confused.

"I can see you," I whispered.

"Yeah, I know. You see my shape," Kai said to me.

"No, I can see the color of your eyes and your face," I said, reaching for Kai.

"What?" Kai asked.

"Everything is blurry, but I can see you!" I exclaimed.

That surprised Kai, and he ran to get my parents and the doctor. The doctor came in and checked me.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" The doctor asked.

"Two," I said.

"I don't believe it," the doctor remarked.

"What is it, Doctor?" Dad asked.

"We must run some tests, but it seems Faith's vision is returning," the doctor informed my parents.

"How is that possible?" Mom asked.

"It's possible when a traumatic injury happens. It is what we refer to as hysterical blindness. There's no rhyme or reason it happens, but it happens," the doctor said.

"So, does this mean I will fully regain my sight?" I asked.

"It's a definite possibility. I will run some tests the next couple of days, and then we can release you," the doctor said.

"Thanks, Doctor," I said.

"Sure," the doctor said to me, leaving the room.

"Other than your sight, how are you feeling, baby girl?" Dad asked me.

"My head hurts," I said, rubbing my head.

"Well, you hit it pretty hard," Kai said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You aired Jacob's dirty laundry, and Max fought with him. They knocked you down, causing you to hit your head," Kai explained.

"Oh, God. I remember yelling at Jacob and Max, lunging at him, but after that, nothing," I said, shaking my head.

"Yeah, a lot of secrets came out, but honestly, it was the time," Kai said.

"But they will hate me," I whined.

"Who cares? They were the ones that got themselves into this mess. You shed some light on it. The secrets would come out," Kai said.

I laid back, groaning. God, what a mess, it should be fun when I return to school.

After the doctor fitted me with glasses, they released me. I returned to school to everyone, not talking to each other. I saw Jacob and well; he looked like hell. He glared at me as he walked past me.

The others didn't talk to me either. The girls walked away when I walked up. The party twins kept their distance and Jonas, well, he dealt with ridicule. Even if I revealed everyone's dirty laundry, it wasn't my place to do so.

Kai was the only one that stuck to my side while still talking to the others. Even other kids in school kept their distance from me. I guess they were afraid I would spill more secrets.