Chapter 3

Thoughts ran through her head. She had been careful, she had done everything she was asked, spoke when she was spoken to, she took the drugs she was asked to, she entertained Marcel as she was ordered to and even encouraged the girls too. Ana Voight ruined her life for this undercover op, she gave up everything she knew. So, what had gone wrong?

As soon as they were in the warehouse the guys that had been following Ana had tied her hands behind her back, stopping her from moving freely. She had a gag placed across her face stopping her from speaking or calling for help.

They had been at the house when Vince had informed Marcel that one of their closest was believed to be a rat. At first, they hadn't suspected anything but when Marcel had been to collect Ana she had been holding something. The Voight refused to hand over the glossed paper she was holding, telling the man that things had to stay private but Frank wasn't in the mood. Pulling out his weapon, he managed to catch the side of the woman's face, knocking her to the floor. Not caring, the man climbed over Ana and picked up what she had been holding, a picture.

The Marcel looked to Ana, his eyes fire as he indicated the man that had been with her in the photo. "Who is this?" She refused to answer, earning herself a kick to the stomach. "I asked you who it was?"

"He- he was- my fiancé." She chocked out between gasps.

Frank Marcel seemed to rage. Dropping the picture, he roughly pulled up Ana by her hair and dragged her down the stairs and towards the blacked out car.

Things could've worked out but like always, her love for Antonio seemed to consume her. She wasn't who she was before, she couldn't be.

They had been in the warehouse, the girls were lined up and Vince gushing over them as they were forced to swallow the balloons. They were various ages, from 15 to 28. It reminded Ana of everything she had been through after college, everything that had crumbled. But what the woman couldn't understand was why they continued, if they thought she was a rat, surely they wouldn't have continued the deal.

"Hold up." Vince halted the girls. One of the younger girls had stopped and pleaded for her to be let go. She couldn't do this, she would ruin her life.

Ana was scared. She knew what would happen to the girl if she didn't do as she was told.

"Why don't you show them what happens when you disrespect us?" Frank offered, stepping forward towards the girls, swiping his hand gently across their cheeks.

Vince nodded.

Ana hadn't seen it coming nor did she feel it to begin with. It was only when the the sound rang through the warehouse she realized what had just happened. Her hands were still tied, she couldn't move them causing her stomach to cover in the seeping bloody. Her mouth gagged, she couldn't scream. Lifting her head up she looked into Vince's eyes before she collapsed onto the floor. Bleeding.

She should've spoke up. She should've told the unit, told them what was really going on.

****

"Halstead. I want you on the roof. Now!" Voight barked his orders. He ran towards the building positioning himself at the marked station and set up the post.

"In position" He confirmed, he concentrated on the windows. Placing a firm finger on the trigger whilst holding his weapon securely.

"Have you got the shot?" Voight called over the radio.

"Negative" Jay sighed still looking for the shot. It was unclear, there were girls lined up with two men holding the balloons that had been filled with different drugs. It had been a very clever way to transfer these substances but not one that would usually be associated with 'business men'.