Chapter 4

A/N Contains upsetting content. Please be aware or skip chapter if you want to avoid any upset.

Previously...

"Who's Nicolas?" Antonio asked again. This time his voice strong.

Erin couldn't help a tear that fell. "Your son."

Antonio felt like the wind had been knocked out of him. Had he heard her right. "My son?" Antonio whispered, his eyes creasing as he narrowed them at his friend and colleague.

Erin nodded her head.

"I've got a son." Antonio didn't look twice before he began to make his way down the hall.

"Wait!" Erin called after him. He couldn't confront her, not now. "Antonio. No. There's something you need to know first."

But the Dawson ignored her and instead headed towards the recovery wing. He appeared at the door, debating whether he should enter or not but he needed his answers.

"Toni?" Ana shifted, uncomfortably. She was awake, just sore, she couldn't have anything too strong with her history. She understood that but that didn't mean she had to like it. "What-are you doing here?" She was still slightly groggy.

"You didn't tell me?" He said. Standing in the doorway.

Ana was confused. Chuckling, she rasped. "Gonna have to explain a little better Antonio."

"A son?"

Her face fell.

"Antonio, now isn't the time." Erin encouraged as she appeared in the doorway, they were gonna get a crowd any second. "Come on. Ana needs to rest."

"Not telling me about the addiction, I get but a son? Hiding that from me." He huffed. He couldn't believe this had been kept a secret from him.

"I wasn't hiding anything." She shook her head, her eyes glistening.

"What?"

"I wasn't hiding anything" She said a little louder. Lifting her arm that had been hooked up to the drip she wiped her eye.

Antonio Dawson scoffed. "You hid my child. Don't I at least deserve to know where he was whilst you were snorting." He demanded angrily.

"Antonio. That's enough." Erin warned.

Her heart shattered. She couldn't stop herself. "He's dead'"

"He's what?"

"So you didn't tell him that then?" Ana snapped her 'sister' who instantly sunk back before her head turned to Antonio. Her voice rising with every word. "Our son IS dead."

"Annie-"

"Go-Just go-" She screamed. Tears now rolling down her face.

"I think you should leave." Voight's voice made them jump. They hadn't realised he followed them. "Leave Dawson."

****

24 hours later...

"I just want to go home." Ana said, packing the remaining bits she had into a small holdall. Although she had refused to speak to the Lindsay, the woman had still insisted on bringing a few belongings for her.

"With your hi-" Will began from where he was leant against the glass door, he had been trying to persuade Ana to stay for the past hour but nothing seemed to be working.

"Addiction, yes but I wanna ride this out at home. " She pleaded, looking at the doctor. She had learnt that Will Halstead had in fact been the younger brother of Jay, a detective in her father's intelligence unit. She had even managed to get a few conversations out of him over the past 24 hours. "Please."