~12~

As soon as everything was calm and quiet in the hospital room...Klayton got up and headed toward Dr. Collin's office...and closed the door behind him as he let himself in...then he quietly sat down in the chair across of the doctor and asked him if a heart transplant would save his little sister...instead of just a blood transfusion...Dr. Collins thought on that for a while...and said that it has crossed his mind many times...but finding the right donor for a matching heart for her rare blood type was almost impossible...but just in a leap of faith, he could put her on the waiting list...just to see what came up...but he stood up and told Klayton with all sincerity...that time was not on her side at all...that her condition was attacking her violently and swiftly.

Klayton jumped up in a burst of hostile emotion...and told him to keep her alive, no matter what that he was on the hunt too for a heart donor...and that he just needed to keep her condition under control long enough for him to get one. Dr. Collins looked at him and asked him how he got the power to find such things...Klayton looked at him and said he knew a lot of people from the bottom of the sewers to the president's white house...and his connections were worldwide...and none of them wanted to get on his bad side. Then Klayton stood up and asked the doctor one more time if he got him the new heart...would he be able to save her...Dr. Collins stood up and followed him out of his office, and said if he got him the heart...he would try his damnedest to save her life...but the heart was needed now...then he slowly added...in a few weeks from now...it might be too late even for a transplant.

Klayton looked at him straight into the doctor's eyes and said he would get him a heart...even if he had to carve it out of a chest himself...that he was not going to let his little sister die before him...then he put his sunglasses back on to hide his tears that were forming...and slowly headed back into Kc's room where I was still sitting in the chair holding onto her hand...and he crashed on the extra bed and took a nap after his long drive. After hours of sitting there just holding onto her, I fell asleep as well...with my head laying on her.

As we were all sleeping peacefully another old friend snuck into the room with his wife following behind him...his first reaction was wanting to scare the hell out of me...but his wife told him no...as she pointed to him that Johnny was laying in the hospital bed with the young lady...that I was clinging to in my sleep...Klayton woke up and silently snuck up behind them both and quietly whispered bang, you're dead in their ears...which made them both jump out of their skins...because neither of them noticed him sleeping in the corner...Klayton slapped Sully on the head...and asked him what in the hell he was doing there.

Sandy looked over at him and said that Sully has been trying to get a hold of me for over a week...and when I never answered my phone he got a hold of Mama D, and she told him where they would find me...then Sully spun around in a circle and said so here he was...in the flesh...Klayton smacked him again...and told him not to wake up his sister or his nephew...that they both had a hard day...and needed to rest...for not only was Johnny scared to death about what was happening with Kc...he also had to go thru one of his treatments...and that left him very physically and emotionally drained. Klayton and Sully never did get along very well...for they were always pushing each other's buttons...Sully walked around the room and asked why I was even there...if it was his sister. Klayton grabbed him and pointed his head to my hand entwined with hers...and told him because I was in love with her.

Sully burst out in a wild laugh...and said he didn't believe that for a second...that Criss Angel didn't fall in love with girls...he was too wild and free...and loved them for a while then set them loose to find another...just like he did...used to do...as he quickly changed his wording when he looked at his wife that was about to knock his block off...for being a slut puppy. Sully grabbed her and said that was ancient history for him...that he loved his little sugar baby. I woke up after hearing their arguing and told them all to shut up...that people over here were trying to sleep. I got up and put Sully in a headlock...and told him that I could fall in love with any girl I saw fit...Sully snickered in between catching his breath...and said I sure could...that he's just never seen it happen...yet.

I let him go as I gave Sandy a welcoming hug...and told him that to believe it...because it happened to him...he was head over hills in love with Kc...then he changed the subject and asked how Sully's sister Kimmy was...Sully chuckled and said how she hated to be called that...and I was the only one that ever got away with it...but he said that she was just fine...and was out in the car sleeping from the long ride down here...then I asked him how she was doing after she lost her boyfriend a while back...Sully gave me a brotherly pat, as he told me that she was still taking it a little hard...but she was slowly getting back into the dating game...it was just a matter of finding the right guy to date...and she hasn't met him yet.

Sully looked at me and said Kim still had a huge crush on me...I smiled at him and told him I knew that...but I loved her too much like a sister to ever feel that way for her...and she knew that...Sully shrugged his shoulders and said with a grin that he was just trying to help out...Klayton looked at him bitterly and told him not to help me...because I was doing just fine without it...and that he wasn't going to allow anything or anyone to hurt his little sister while she was in such poor condition. So until something drastic happened one way or the other with his sister...I was stuck keeping her happy. Then he looked at me and said that was final.