6. The Fear of Falling Apart by Needing_SomeHale

*Completed*

Summary:

So, there's this girl.

And she's perfect! British accent, tall as hell, long brown hair, and these blue eyes-oh, damn her eyes!

Then there's her brother.

He's tall, muscular, vulgar, rude, and the scariest person that I've ever met.

But guess which one I have a date with.

Kai Avery, popular, get's good grades, devilishly good looks, he's got it all!

All except the girl of his dreams, Rose Clary.

When he finally gets his chance to ask her out without her scary brother around, it all goes downhill when he's ambushed by Blake Clary himself. In a panic, he lies and says he was coming to talk to Blake instead. He expected to get punched, but instead... got a date for Friday night?!

What happens when he really starts to get feeling for Blake and sees his soft side? 

Can Blake really be the one Kai was after all along?

***

Thoughts:

So, before I start completely gushing about this book and how much I love everything and anything that has to do with this book, I want to give you an idea of what I think these characters would look like, so fancast time!

Kai: I have a few different choices, but first is definitely Logan Lerman

Blake: I'm OBSESSED with CBS's Big Brother and Mark from this season fits Blake's description to a T

Alrighty so HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH ALL MY HEART AND PASSIONS. I thought the idea of this book and plot was totally different and unique. Our main men, Kai and Blake, were precious beings that I hold near and dear to my heart. Their relationship is one of the most well-written and heartwarming love stories I've read on this site. I had to set the phone down and take a deep breath multiple times during scenes with our main characters (kissing scenes and the like ;)

This book does have a sequel, The Fear of Letting Go, which is ongoing. I am patiently waiting for the author to update that one as well. That one follows two characters from this story. 

Also, the author themselves has said that this song inspired this story and I completely agree!